I recently posted in the Vintage Strap woes thread about my experiences with said strap. To summarize:-

• the regular length item has the thick sides too long for a small wrist even though the holes give adequate adjustment
  • for my wrist the floating keeper was way up on the thick part of the strap and the tail wouldn't fit
  • the Bremont buckle destroyed the strap all along its length on the first time I put it on and the strap had to be scrapped - I've been told that a deployment is essential for this strap

Since then I ordered the brown on brown leather strap which I know will work as it is essentially the same as the standard black/white stock strap. However, what arrived was a short version of the Vintage Leather strap (which Bremont have said both does and does not exist). I can see that this will work length-wise for me but I don't want to destroy another $275.00 strap using the buckle. I also don't want to spend another $300.00 on the Bremont deployment (which Bremont have said both will work and won't work with the Vintage).

I was talking to Bob Davis about his highly rated RHD deployment which works on straps up to 5mm but on sending him pictures of the Bremont Vintage he doesn't believe it will close properly which is a big disappointment.

I'm therefore faced with returning this strap and chancing that the AD and Bremont can get me the correct strap at the 4th attempt unless I can find an alternative deployment or tang buckle that won't destroy the strap.

Any advice from the collective wisdom of this fine forum will be gratefully accepted! Thanks in anticipation, Paul