Poll: What would you do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you wear that rare MB2 Selfridges?

Question Would you wear that rare MB2 Selfridges?

I bought a MB2 Selfridges (yellow barrel) a year ago, #1 of a limited edition of 10. I wore it exactly one time.

I was so afraid to scratch it, I never wore it again. Am I nuts? Having such a nice watch but to never wear it?

I'm thinking of ordering a vintage strap to dress it up a bit and wear at least once a week for the next couple years. Anyone knows if they can be brought to like new condition if I send it back to Bremont in the future? Or are they limited to what they can do?

What would you do? Wear it and not care about what happens, it's just a watch. Take it out only on special occasions where you are super sure you are not gonna scratch it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00540.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	1450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00527.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	1451  
    Last edited by G-F; 12-10-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    No longer a fan boy...

G-F

I'd wear it.... It's my favourite MBII model...

They'd be able to replace all the parts, as these are quite generic, the only thing I am not sure on is the Barrel as I don't know if they have any left. If they do, I'm going to get my name down on it!

Piers, I asked about replacing the barrel (as all other parts are generic MB) and here's the answer:

"As the Selfridges watch is a limited edition, the barrel would have to be made to order."

I would think they would not order a yellow barrel unless you have one of the original 10... But it makes wearing mine not as risky as I initially thought. I could always pay to bring it back to pristine condition.
    No longer a fan boy...

Any idea if the brown vintage would look good with the yellow barrel??
    No longer a fan boy...

Try another brown strap and see how it looks. Seems like a natural combination.
    And wear that baby, it's made to withstand plenty!

Wear it! Wear it!

Definitely wear it. I'm not one who ever understood the concept of collecting something just to not open it and play with it so you can preserve the value. The MB in particular is made to experience life.

Alright!
    Brown vintage ordered! This one is gonna see some action!

Will post picture when I get it.
    No longer a fan boy...

If purchased for investment purposes only, keep it in the box and off your wrist. If you bought it to enjoy then by all means wear it. Why keep it unworn and nearly new for someone else to enjoy if you bought it for yourself?
    His
    Omega Planet Ocean, Tag Heuer, Bremont MB2

Hers
    Omega Constellation, Omega Sea Master
    Breitling Galactic 32, Breitling Galactic 36
    Bremont Solo 37 Rose Gold

I had a look at the one Tim, from The Watch Gallery at Selfridges was wearing at Salon QP: excellent watch(and a little rarer than the TWG version!)