Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevlar

Kevlar

I'm thinking of getting a Bremont Kevlar strap for my U2...I think it will look great. I've seen some posts about them on the forum but are they comfy and waterproof? They have a leather backing so I'm not sure about the waterproofing. Also, do they get marked or look tatty easily? I've got a vintage and want something that doesn't get as easily marked as that. It's for everyday use to keep the leather strap in top condition and something that looks a bit smarter for work than a canvas. Any other suggestions and photos welcome. I've also been told that the Norton strap looks great on a U2 (appreciate it's not waterproof), has anyone tried this? Thanks.

Have a look @ bradystraps.com mate, they look lovely and pretty similar to the Kevlar but different colours available. I think some-one else on here (or ATG) has ordered and is due to post pictures on it's arrival!!

Quote Originally Posted by chipbutty55 View Post
    Have a look @ bradystraps.com mate, they look lovely and pretty similar to the Kevlar but different colours available. I think some-one else on here (or ATG) has ordered and is due to post pictures on it's arrival!!
    That'll probably be me!

The strap is in hte post from the US so hopefully get some pics next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris99 View Post
    That'll probably be me!

The strap is in hte post from the US so hopefully get some pics next week.
    Hi mate, look forward to seeing the photos myself, the straps look great!! What did you go for?

I wear my P on the Kevlar and has been on it pretty much since new (around 2.5 years now), not the best pic below but shows the kevlar strap after just over 2 years of wear, it has frayed a little at the lugs, mainly from strap changes but still looks in pretty good shape, in fact i got a spare but havnt got round to using it yet at the original one still looks ok. Its not waterproof from what i understand but have worn mine in the pool and shower without any problems. Id say the Kevlar is my favourite strap out from the ones I own, it feels a bit thicker than the leather and quite stiff, not quite as dressy as the leather looking but still very smart.

Hope this helps

I don't own one but have tried and tested one. They are awesome - the fit is superb - like leather but they feel much more robust. I agree in the comment from Jon above that the lug ends can look a little frayed.

re: Norton - this strap is lovely! From what I remember it's black with a creamy stitch - it really shouts 'quality'... For me the perfect combo would be the B52 Military edition on Norton Strap... (Not asking for much then!)

Quote Originally Posted by jon View Post
    I wear my P on the Kevlar and has been on it pretty much since new (around 2.5 years now), not the best pic below but shows the kevlar strap after just over 2 years of wear, it has frayed a little at the lugs, mainly from strap changes but still looks in pretty good shape, in fact i got a spare but havnt got round to using it yet at the original one still looks ok. Its not waterproof from what i understand but have worn mine in the pool and shower without any problems. Id say the Kevlar is my favourite strap out from the ones I own, it feels a bit thicker than the leather and quite stiff, not quite as dressy as the leather looking but still very smart.

Hope this helps
    Thanks Jon, it looks great on the P and works really well...hopefully the combo will work on my U2 although I'd prefer an off white or black stitch if that was an option.

Piers - Do you know if you can order the Norton Strap?

Ive got confirmation from Bremont, yes they are available to order - you would probably need to phone them as they're not listed on the boutique.

The straps are black with gold coloured stitching - I'm guessing they're the same price too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alt1tude View Post
    Ive got confirmation from Bremont, yes they are available to order - you would probably need to phone them as they're not listed on the boutique.

The straps are black with gold coloured stitching - I'm guessing they're the same price too.
    Thanks for checking Piers, so Kevlar or Norton strap for a U2 stainless steel???

i'd personally go kevlar!