Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do ADs ever have a Sale?

Do ADs ever have a Sale?

Being new to the brand I was wondering if there is likely to be a Christmas/New Year sale. I'm close to getting a white dialled Solo but held back (mostly due to lack of pennies at the mo) but I'm happy to wait a month or two if I can get a bit of discount. I have read of 20% + on some brands - just wondering if it's worth hanging on for a bit.

Hi Lloyd

Generally speaking no, but sometimes ADs will shift ex-display or older models that haven't sold. I've seen a BC-S2 White, ALT1-Z Cream and a SM500 reduced before but this was a good 2-3 years ago.

Most UK ADs contractually aren't allowed to reduce Bremont's and more importantly, they aren't allowed to advertise any reductions... Some ADs that break contracts with Bremont have in the pas had sales simply to clear stock (And some of the deals have been amazing) and I believe in those circumstances Bremont can buy stock back if needed. Reductions do happen as with all luxury goods but it's often word of mouth.

The majority of reductions I've seen have been ex display, so for a bit off, you get a shop worn model and in the case of the guy recently who bought a U2 .. a crown which wasn't attached

So, based on your post... yes you could hang around and you might get an ex-display or older model... but chances of getting a fresh white SOLO in the sale... I'd say you've got more chance of CHR.WARD designing a truly original watch*

*That was a joke

Good answer Piers. A new model such as the white Solo is highly unlikely to have any discount off it as demand is so great.
    As for the joke…….

Quote Originally Posted by Alt1tude View Post
    Hi Lloyd

So, based on your post... yes you could hang around and you might get an ex-display or older model... but chances of getting a fresh white SOLO in the sale... I'd say you've got more chance of CHR.WARD designing a truly original watch*

*That was a joke
    Thank you Piers; another thigh-slapper!

White Solo really is a pretty piece. It's on my wish list, maybe Santa will help - I have been good all year!

I think Bremont are forcing AD's to only sell at RRP. I guess this is a plan to try and boost the value retention and trying to keep them expensive helps that.

I asked Jura Watches for a discount and they told me that they are not allowed to offer ANY discount on two brands and Bremont was one of those!.

Shame.
    Regards,

Rich.

My Collection so far:-
    Panerai Submersible 47mm PAM00389 Titanium
    Bremont U2 DLC on Bremont and StevoStraps Custom Straps.
    Raymond Weil Don Giovanni Cosi Grande on StevoStraps Custom Straps
    Seiko Prospex Marine Master 600m Springdrive (SBDB001) (Full Titanium).
    CWC Mechanical Pilots Chronograph
    CWC SBS Dive Watch (DLC)

Quote Originally Posted by richslaney View Post
    I think Bremont are forcing AD's to only sell at RRP. I guess this is a plan to try and boost the value retention and trying to keep them expensive helps that.

I asked Jura Watches for a discount and they told me that they are not allowed to offer ANY discount on two brands and Bremont was one of those!.

Shame.
    Shameful and ridiculous.

Oh well, I've yet to encounter an AD that actually enforced a No Discount policy completely. Boutiques do it all the time. But then again a boutique isn't a third-party vendor trying to make a profit. Discounts are out there. You just have to put in a bit of work and do a bit of research. Montblanc is notorious for their No Discount policy. Many of their ADs go along with it. Many . . . but not all. Want a discount on a Montblanc pen? Head on over to Fountain Pen Hospital in NYC. They frequently give discounts on MB pens. MB knows about it too. Been going on for years. That's due to FPH's location near Wall Street. They sell an absolute massive volume of MB pens during the year. So much so that they don't even bother opening the shop on weekends (other than in December for the Holiday Shopping Season). The shop even keeps Wall Street hours.

Was MB upset about the discounting? Sure. What were they going to do about it though? Pull the AD status of the single shop on the East coast of America that does the biggest volume of sales than any other of MB pens? (And by a very wide margin.) No. MB had to just put up with it and hope none of their other ADs caught wind of what FPH was doing.

Discounts are definitely possible. You just have to put in some work, do some research, find out who is willing to be flexible, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by richslaney View Post

Shame.
    Bremont are a luxury brand... What do you expect? Good for them stitcking to their prices. If you want discounts then there are plenty of other options to choose from.

Over the phone or by email I doubt that you'll be able to get a discount. But in person, cash in hand, if the AD sales are behind forecasts you would be surprised the kind of deals that are possible. I'm not talking Bremont specifically. But I doubt a Bremont dealer would turn down a customer with cash in hand, ready to buy... I don't want to put any AD in trouble, but you know, I heard things...
    No longer a fan boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Alt1tude View Post
    Bremont are a luxury brand... What do you expect? Good for them stitcking to their prices. If you want discounts then there are plenty of other options to choose from.
    Bremont is sticking to their prices. But that doesn't mean that their 3rd-party ADs are all doing so.

Didn't we already have this discussion in another thread? Of course I am not sure anyone in this forum has called a retailer charging retail shameful or ridiculous before. Then again I learn something new every day.

When I read things like "keeping them expensive..." I get confused. What is the message? That they are artificially charging more than should? That they need to bring the prices down to align with the value? If so what's the "fair" price? 20% less? 50% less?