Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New MB2 :-) Concern over quality of hand coatings :-(

New MB2 :-) Concern over quality of hand coatings :-(

Hi All, i'm new to this forum (about a month ago) so Hello!
    I have spent lots of time researching my recent purchase (MB2). I collected my watch today and have spent a lot of the day admiring the watch, however, l couldn't help noticing that on the edge of the minute and hour hands the black coating covering the Lume does not appear to finish correctly, it is clear the the Lume it still present in places along the edge, please see in the attached photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	1333

Can anybody comment on their own Bremont watches, is this true of others? Are my expectations to high etc!!

Many Thanks, Rich.

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum. I've been here for about a month now myself and I too have an MBII which I picked up a few weeks ago. I can say that I don't have the same problem you're experiencing. The lume on the hands of my watch looks perfect. I have no complaints or concerns about the watch at all. I'd suggest speaking with the dealer that you acquired the watch from. Surely they'd help. I've not had reason to test the customer service at Bremont, but I've only heard good things about the service. I'm sure you'll have seen that though; in other posts. Best of luck getting this sorted quickly!

Cheers,
    G.
    Bremont MBII, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Steinhart OVM, Seiko "Darth Tuna", TAG 2000 Classic

My MBII/TWG is exactly the same with a white edge showing on the minute and hour hands. You only really see it if your looking for it as most of the time you look directly down on the face.

I'm sure if you contact Bremont they would sort it out for you, for now i'm going to live with it as i bought online and would have to send it back myself.
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order

I just checked mine under a strong magnification and it appears pretty much flawless (as you should expect at the Bremont price-point). Personally, I would return your example.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I just checked mine under a strong magnification and it appears pretty much flawless (as you should expect at the Bremont price-point). Personally, I would return your example.
    I'd agree with that, call them and see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by me1357 View Post
    My MBII/TWG is exactly the same with a white edge showing on the minute and hour hands. You only really see it if your looking for it as most of the time you look directly down on the face.

I'm sure if you contact Bremont they would sort it out for you, for now i'm going to live with it as i bought online and would have to send it back myself.
    Call Bremont and I'm sure they'll help you out with collection

Thanks for the quick feedback gents.
    I'll be making contact with Bremont tomorrow, as l suspected, paying that sort of money l should not expect anything but great quality control!
    I'll post an update once action is taken for anyone that maybe interested, hoping that the customer service is as l have read over the many months prior to my purchase?
    THANKS AGAIN.
    Rich

Please keep us updated. I'm sure Bremont will take care of you.

Mine is the same - MB1.5

Quote Originally Posted by scwheeler View Post
    Mine is the same - MB1.5
    The MB1.5 was made years ago, so it's not just a recent problem.
    Iwc Big Pilot
    Bremont Boeing Model 1 White
    Panerai Pam 305
    Panerai Pam 422
    Ball Diver Chronometer
    Ball Fireman II
    Lum-Tec M54 Bronze 24/200

Worn in that order