Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orlando Bloom's Watch / Uniglo Ad campaign spotted in London

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlefish View Post
    Pretty sure Orlando just wears a Bremont, rather than acting as an "Ambassador". If you visit the "Bremont People" section on Bremont.com, you'll simply see him in the Faces section - he doesn't get his own page like Graham Bell, Jake M, etc. But, then again, Marc Koska doesn't seem to get a page either. Hmm.
    You're right - People like Ryan Seacrest, Tom Cruise are customers / fans of the brand..Because Bremont doesn't advertise with people (i.e George Clooney for Omega, Leo for Tag etc) then I'm not sure that 'Ambassador' is the right term...rather they're just 'Bremont People'...

It must be mighty embarrassing for IWC to see Tom wearing Bremont and other brands to Events and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Intranicity View Post
    Having worked in pre press and spent many years retouching photo's, I'd hazard a VERY BIG guess that all the Bremont logo's were retouched off the watch, after all, the poster isn't to advertise Bremont. Still, the watch is easy to ident if you know what it is
    Actually I think the HANDS, LOGO (n triangle bits) and DATE were taken off.... Difficult to take more in-depth shots as it was behind a window and with an iphone!

To us #watchnerd folk though, it was a Bremont, he had the GGB Sand canvas strap on it as well so 100% genuine MBII!

There are other shots of him wearing the MB2 on sand (on Bremont FB page, for example)

Aye, the MBII is very distinctive; even more so on a vintage Bremont strap though!

Quote Originally Posted by bydandie View Post
    Aye, the MBII is very distinctive; even more so on a vintage Bremont strap though!

Ohhhhh now that's nice. I think they've hidden those on purpose on my visits to the HQ.... I want I want!

..so I take it the Boutique delivery is quick and timely?

Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    Ohhhhh now that's nice. I think they've hidden those on purpose on my visits to the HQ.... I want I want!

..so I take it the Boutique delivery is quick and timely?
    Yep, although they're getting busy at the moment. I guess through some website publicising it?

PS I also got a grey strap with DLC buckle, but won't be playing with that until next week!

PS I also got a grey strap with DLC buckle, but won't be playing with that until next week!
    Really...? I wonder what that's for....?????

What a minute Des....I didn't know you had a MBII!!...

Really...? I wonder what that's for....?????

What a minute Des....I didn't know you had a MBII!!...
    I didn't, my lovely fiancee picked it up from the jewellers yesterday and gave it to me today as my engagement watch! Not sure what watch I'm putting the grey strap onto, but the 'C looks to be a good candidate from your pics before!

I didn't, my lovely fiancee picked it up from the jewellers yesterday and gave it to me today as my engagement watch! Not sure what watch I'm putting the grey strap onto, but the 'C looks to be a good candidate from your pics before!
    Well...Many congratulations Des! That's fantastic news....congrats on the Engagement and that watch!

Grey on the Anthracite 'C' works really nicely... I personally prefer it to the black however I can just imagine the vintage style on the 'C' as well... I can't remember if you had the Anth C or not

Whats next? Supermarine..? Has to be...

Well...Many congratulations Des! That's fantastic news....congrats on the Engagement and that watch!

Grey on the Anthracite 'C' works really nicely... I personally prefer it to the black however I can just imagine the vintage style on the 'C' as well... I can't remember if you had the Anth C or not

Whats next? Supermarine..? Has to be...
    Thanks, aye I have the anth 'C, not sure about the SM500 though; i love the blue SM500 but the IWC 3548 speaks to me more. The big thing about the MBII was that the watch had to be new and personally having a real british watch with the aviation pedigree it has in spades made it a logical choice.

The one noticeable difference from other 2836 watches was in the winding though; smooth as a hot knife through butter which considering I've had three Damaskos with the same movement (most 'top' grade) prove (at least to me!) that these movements are much better quality than the normal ETA movements they are derived from.

-edit- forgot to say, this has only just been made in the most recent batch and is #475, still a very exclusive club to be a part of!
    Last edited by bydandie; 03-03-2011 at 01:48 PM.