Thread: Vintage strap wear

Vintage strap wear

I've recently sent back my vintage strap as it was starting to come apart. The fantastic guys n girls at Bremont have looked after me, but thought it was worth mentioning that they recommend that the strap be worm with the deployment rather than buckle.

For some reason I thought the deployment wasn't a great fit, but hopefully this may prove useful for someone else to avoid this problem. Now to get a deployment, if anyone has one going spare let me know

Steve

Sorry, but that sounds really daft. Fair enough if they'd stated that up front, but I've never had an issue with my vintage on tang buckle.

OK, have spoken to Bremont today, and they've stated that due to there being no coating on the strap they recommend the deployant. I've not worn the strap over the summer and looked at it today, it was a bit dry and starting to crack, so I put some leather conditioner I have lying around on the strap and it works a treat. :thumbup:

Maybe thats an idea, certainly a lot cheaper than a new deployment

The leather on my first vintage strap started to come away at the edges and the kind folks at Bremont replaced it for me. They recommended not exposing it to water (I hadn't) and wearing it with a deployment. I haven't worn the replacement strap as my watch is awaiting a new owner but will report back any similar issues when I get a new Bremont and the vintage gets some wrist time.

I have had my Vintage strap for almost a year and it is my winter go to strap! I have had it on the deployment clasp since new. I have been treating it from time to time with a quality leather treatment/ cleaner and have had no issues! as soon as I got it I could tell the buckle was not going to look as good or be as comfy as the deployment and because it basically has a sandwich construction with no stitching the less you have sharp bends in the leather the better! It is a little bit of a pain to remove the deployment from one strap to another, but I swap my clasp from strap to strap. I use an eye glass screw driver for the task! The screws are small, I dropped one and it took me 2 hours to find it! I know they are a little expensive but with the investment you have already made, I think it is a must have option! Of all my straps I think this is my favorite! Cheers Jim
    Breitling Navitimer, Omega PO, Rolex Datejust,Platinum Yacht Master ,Rado Sinatra, Bremont MB1,S500 Supermarine, Blue ALT1-P, 37 & 43 White Solos ,Bronze MBIII, White Boeing Model 1, F-16 Viper DLC Blue, and the Wright Flyer! Speake-Marin Wing Commander

My experience with the Vintage Brown strap was that it was too thick for the deployant to engage. I seem to recall that the folks at Bremont had had similar comments from others and suggested using the tang buckle. Maybe I'll revisit the deployant on another vintage. It could have been that my strap was perhaps just a mm or two off...

I've used the deployment clasp with my vintage brown from the beginning and it fits fine. It took a few days for it to form to my wrist, though. When I'm not flying, it's my strap of choice. I sweat too much when I fly so I wear the metal bracelet those days.
    - TexZan -