Thread: U2 problems

U2 problems

Just noticed that my winding crown has lost it's finish.... Emailed Bremont, so hopefully this can be sorted? Also, anyone having issues with NATO straps rusting?

Trying to post image and failing?
    Last edited by Intranicity; 07-16-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Odd about the crown and the rusted strap ring. I'm sure they will sort you out though.

Some might say that looks "vintage cool". Definitely adds character depending how you look at it. Sure Bremont will sort everything out.

Cheers,

Jerry

Do you regularly swim in sulfuric acid? Maybe you have super acidic sweat? I've never seen this but Bremont's customer service is amazing. Like Jerry said, above, they'll take care of you.
    - TexZan -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiz Wheel View Post

Some might say that looks "vintage cool". Definitely adds character depending how you look at it. Sure Bremont will sort everything out.

Cheers,

Jerry
    Do you use it in salt water or chlorine a lot?

Mine did that whilst on holiday last year ( but not as bad ) Defo something to do with the pool or sea..

My ALT1-C lost the enamel on the crown some time ago, having swum in none of the above! However I like the look of it without the enamel just as much, having toyed with the idea of getting a tin of Humbrol enamel and refilling it with either black, dark brown (to go with my cream/brown dial) or a rather racy red! Having said that I imagine that, if it is a vitreous enamel (i.e. fired rather than Humbrol) the crown has been knocked and the enamel chipped out - enamel is effectively a fired glass compound. Doubtless Bremont will deal with the problem swiftly if you send it to them.

Cheers for the feedback guys, I do swim with the watch, but seeing as they're tested to destruction, and I'm already using a wheelchair, so quiet gentle on the watch, would have thought it would take that. I do wash it well after it's been in water, especially salt or chlorine, think it's poor quality chrome plating personally?

I agree about the character look, just dislike the rust stains on my wrist!!!! lol

The crown is sharp now, so hopefully it can be repaired, I did email Bremont on Monday, but unusually, no reply as yet?

Still love the watch and the brand though, best watch I've ever had, and for an automatic, it's amazingly accurate :-)

Crown definitely should be covered by Bremont if still under warranty. They will probably cover it even if not though. On the strap, mine has done that as well. I have one of the earliest staps made, so just figured it wasn't a good metal for it. I just put it in the "character" category.