As seen recently in the UK Telegraph newspaper, Bremont who are based in Henley-on-Thames, South Oxfordshire have teamed up with local rowing club Leander for a limited edition watch. Used to commemorate the number of olympic gold medals won (99) by the club since the 1908 Olympic games held in the UK - 99 watches will be made.

Based on the ALT1-C, and looking very smilier to the recent Ecurie Ecosse - this watch has a silver dial (Almost identical to the one on the Supermarine SM500 Silver) and most notable are the new shape blued hands and applied numbers and markers (Also blued).

Unique to this watch is a 'stroke-rate' counter: Basically used to time the number of strokes (or rows) over a given period - all important for rowing! The central second hand is designed to look like one of the Leander oars used (As illustrated on the logo as well).

I also believe that the rotor on the back contains oars. I photographed this model in December - and it was an early prototype - so I believe the blue wasn't quite right (Please bear this in mind when viewing!)

From every watch sold, 1,000 will be donated to the club's rowing programme to assist the development of young rowers who wish to train for the 2016 and 202 Olympic games.

The Leander club is one of the oldest rowing clubs in the world, and it's famous members have included: Steve Redgrave, Matthew Pinsent, James Cracknell and believe it or not House star and fellow Bremont Wearer, Hugh Laurie.

Personally I love the hands on this new styled 'C - Whether they decide to start adding these to newer models is to be seen, however I do feel there is certainly room for a version of this watch for consumers!