Thread: Bremont signs with multi-store Beaverbrooks (UK)

Bremont signs with multi-store Beaverbrooks (UK)

News just in from Twitter, Bremont has just signed a deal with UK retailer Beaverbrooks.

This means that Bremont watches will have a wider reach within the UK market as Beaverbrooks have 64 stores! (Edit: I've been told they are only going to be stock in two of the flagship stores)

It's good news for Bremont. For the customer it means more stores and the chain offers 0% finance deals on it's watches.

But does this mean the brand will become more mainstream?

There's nothing on Beaverbrooks website just yet, but you can find your nearest store and have a look on their site at: http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/stores

Honestly, I don't like it!

I prefer that it's a 'luxury' brand that has a cult following meaning not everyone knows about it and therefore maintains a prestigious status. I don't like the thought that it could become as ubiquitous as the other watch companies.

From Bremont's commercial perspective I know it makes absolute sense and suggests the business is robust which of course is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post

I prefer that it's a 'luxury' brand that has a cult following meaning not everyone knows about it and therefore maintains a prestigious status. I don't like the thought that it could become as ubiquitous as the other watch companies.

From Bremont's commercial perspective I know it makes absolute sense and suggests the business is robust which of course is good news.
    I've had a chat with the guys today about this, it transpires that Bremont are going in two of their flagship stores only: Manchester and Bluewater, Kent. They'll be having big presence alongside all the other luxury brands and getting lots of support from the stores. No news on whether they will be reaching other stores yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post

I have to agree except for the bit about it making absolute sense!, I believe it undermines the integrity of the brand which so far hasn't put a foot wrong in driving desirability through exclusivity.