Thread: New Release

New Release

So what are people’s thoughts on today’s release?

I am am huge fan of the efforts Bremont are making to bring British watchmaking back to competitive standards. I saw the ENG300 for the first time on Tuesday, and I have to say its a nice piece of kit.

I didn’t expect the Supernova, and am pleased that Bremont have branched out with a new case style (much needed imho). The bracelet looks properly nice, but those clasps are not my bag, as I need the ability to stretch the thing on demand (my wrist can grow 12mm from Canada to Europe) — the clasp would need to be replaced for something with more adjustment before I could wear it. It also seems a bit odd that they would throw in a movement protection ring on a watch fitted with a dress-style bracelet clasp!

The other two pieces are not my bag, but are polished enough that they will sell well to pilot watch groupies.

I was really hoping to see the development of the ENG movements to include a traveller’s gmt function, which would then bring Bremont inline with Longines, Tudor, GS, Mido, and so on. I am hoping Bremont’s next step is to throw a 2-22 bezel on the supernova, bang in (what I am going to call) a ENG400 traveller’s gmt, and put on an adjustable clasp. That would damn near be the perfect watch!

Photo of my recent acquisition for attention:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shedlock2000; 10-13-2022 at 07:44 PM.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

I really do like the Fury, in blue - it would be my pick of the lot. I will await seeing it in hand, as is always the way, but it could potentially be an purchase in the future.

That said, I can appreciate the time and work that has gone in to the Supernova, and that bracelet is a marked improvement on the current one. I can only hope that that is a positive move forward in the world of bracelets for the brand, as that has always been an area they've caught flak.

Another thought from the launch is that this is a step up in terms of pricing for the watches, with them being a core range. I know we as an entity can appreciate why that is, and why that needs to be the case for now - I just hope it doesn't hurt sales for them.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-14-2022 at 06:22 PM.

I like the Supernova, but would have to try it on to make a decision on wether it could be considered a watch for the future.

As for the pricing, there have been quite a lot of people on other forums complaining that they are too near Rolex pricing for such a young relatively unknown company, (not sure about this myself) but I hope it works for them.

I was hoping to see a GMT as well, but maybe in the near future.

I like the Supernova, but would have to try it on to make a decision on wether it could be considered a watch for the future.

As for the pricing, there have been quite a lot of people on other forums complaining that they are too near Rolex pricing for such a young relatively unknown company, (not sure about this myself) but I hope it works for them.

I was hoping to see a GMT as well, but maybe in the near future.

The Supernova is amazing, such a different design from the usual Bremont and yet for me it's a lasting design. I can see where the inspiration has come from and it's going to be an interesting sell. I suspect that watch enthusiasts may take a dim view of the design references in the watch but I think the public at large will love it. the only flaw as mentioned is the cost. When compared with similar styled and engineered watches the price point is probably on the inexpensive side but it's going up against brands that have a long history and a 'name'. It's always going to be difficult being the newcomer but for a general watch buyer, if you have two identical watches, on with a Bremont badge and one with e Rolex/Patek/AP badge, they might struggle to justify the Bremont. I'm also not keen on the "Supernova' name, it just doesn't seem to have the staying power of 'Royal Oak' or 'Nautlius'.

The Fury is also a very nice looking watch. Both blue and black dials are great but the black wins for me, just. Truth be told I'd have either and may well do so one day. It's very much a pilot style watch and a subtle change of design for Bremont. Nicely done!

The Audley, tricky one. The stainless steel one is very stylish and a great dress watch but there are similar offerings out there from other major brands for a lot less money. It will be a tough sell in my opinion. The rose gold version is the fly in the ointment for me. Expensive and a bit 'H Samuel' if I'm honest. May be others will take a different view.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    The Supernova is amazing, such a different design from the usual Bremont and yet for me it's a lasting design. I can see where the inspiration has come from and it's going to be an interesting sell. I suspect that watch enthusiasts may take a dim view of the design references in the watch but I think the public at large will love it. the only flaw as mentioned is the cost. When compared with similar styled and engineered watches the price point is probably on the inexpensive side but it's going up against brands that have a long history and a 'name'. It's always going to be difficult being the newcomer but for a general watch buyer, if you have two identical watches, on with a Bremont badge and one with e Rolex/Patek/AP badge, they might struggle to justify the Bremont. I'm also not keen on the "Supernova' name, it just doesn't seem to have the staying power of 'Royal Oak' or 'Nautlius'.

The Fury is also a very nice looking watch. Both blue and black dials are great but the black wins for me, just. Truth be told I'd have either and may well do so one day. It's very much a pilot style watch and a subtle change of design for Bremont. Nicely done!

The Audley, tricky one. The stainless steel one is very stylish and a great dress watch but there are similar offerings out there from other major brands for a lot less money. It will be a tough sell in my opinion. The rose gold version is the fly in the ointment for me. Expensive and a bit 'H Samuel' if I'm honest. May be others will take a different view.
    I think you've summed it up pretty well there. I do like the development in the bracelet departure though, regardless of how 'AP' that may appear. I really do hope that they filter that down to the standard bracelets over time - it's needed, as it is often a sour point for the brand IMO.

New releases galore from Bremont. I guess everyone has given up trying to keep up!