Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Limited Editions

  1. #1

    Question Limited Editions

    I'm just a little curious on what the members think about the amount of LE's being launched by Bremont.

    I personally think there are now far too many. It appears there is one being launched every week and in my honest opinion it's watering down the "Bremontness" of the brand.

    What do you think, or is it just me?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm just a little curious on what the members think about the amount of LE's being launched by Bremont.

    I personally think there are now far too many. It appears there is one being launched every week and in my honest opinion it's watering down the "Bremontness" of the brand.

    What do you think, or is it just me?
    I couldn't agree more

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm just a little curious on what the members think about the amount of LE's being launched by Bremont.

    I personally think there are now far too many. It appears there is one being launched every week and in my honest opinion it's watering down the "Bremontness" of the brand.

    What do you think, or is it just me?
    I don't know if its a British thing, I have noticed Christopher Ward are releasing quite a few LE's as well.

    As you say it waters the other offerings down a bit.

  4. #4
    Well, interest in the Brand is decaying on this site as there are very few responses is this because of Facebook or other factors?

  5. #5
    I wondered if it was because of Facetube too.
    My missus posts on the Bremont Facetube site but I'm not on it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    460
    I do use the Facebook page, but I still like it on here as well, but I must say I do have trouble loading this site sometimes.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Well, interest in the Brand is decaying on this site as there are very few responses is this because of Facebook or other factors?
    Fo some reason I've ben unable to access this forum for about two months, the pages don't seem to load on my phone or computer. No idea why but it has lessened my enthusiasm for the forum. I've also noticed that there's not much input from those running the forum both in general chat or in regard to Bremont watch releases. I suspect that it probably is due to the Bremont Fans Facebook page which is a shame.

    In terms of the number of LE's being released, it depends on the LE. A few of the bigger names such as Grand Seiko release LE's it seems almost once a week.

    If the LE is something different then I'm all for it. Take the Bamford for instance, totally unique. However, take the Waterman Apex / Ionbird / RFU or Supermarine Descent / Project Possible and the similarities are off putting to me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Well, interest in the Brand is decaying on this site as there are very few responses is this because of Facebook or other factors?
    Fo some reason I've ben unable to access this forum for about two months, the pages don't seem to load on my phone or computer. No idea why but it has lessened my enthusiasm for the forum. I've also noticed that there's not much input from those running the forum both in general chat or in regard to Bremont watch releases. I suspect that it probably is due to the Bremont Fans Facebook page which is a shame.

    In terms of the number of LE's being released, it depends on the LE. A few of the bigger names such as Grand Seiko release LE's it seems almost once a week.

    If the LE is something different then I'm all for it. Take the Bamford for instance, totally unique. However, take the Waterman Apex / Ionbird / RFU or Supermarine Descent / Project Possible and the similarities are off putting to me.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    794
    Been saying it for many years, but this past few is become ridiculous.

    I get the the military SE's s using standard models, pimped up with some relevance to the unit, plane etc. Quick easy and and not too much Reseach n Development required

    I get the yearly heritage releases, which I like for their uniqueness (compared to other Bremont ranges) I own 3.

    There is definitely room after those for a tie in with a yearly/ 6mth LE release.

    As it seems there is tie in after tie in. Many that i don't even get the watch link, let alone from an English company.

    At present the numbers Bremont sell to general public on the standard core range, I wouldn't be too surprised if numbers fall below say an Omega LE would be produced in. Ie has the Alt1-c sold over 6000 in the past 10years.

    Those in company may think and see the benifit of all the LEs and Tie In's.

    But for me it undervalues the brand and is embarrassing . Collectors will be put off as they just won't be able to maintain buying and will pick and choose a specific watch.

    We are already seeing many of the old Heritage LEs now appearing for sale many unworn . Yes times are hard at present and money is king, but why are Collectors now choosing to move on their investment at a fairly big loss. Is it they are seeing the Bremont name being watered down.

    Interesting times, also a good time to try to get some bargins.

    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Fo some reason I've ben unable to access this forum for about two months, the pages don't seem to load on my phone or computer. No idea why but it has lessened my enthusiasm for the forum. I've also noticed that there's not much input from those running the forum both in general chat or in regard to Bremont watch releases. I suspect that it probably is due to the Bremont Fans Facebook page which is a shame.

    In terms of the number of LE's being released, it depends on the LE. A few of the bigger names such as Grand Seiko release LE's it seems almost once a week.

    If the LE is something different then I'm all for it. Take the Bamford for instance, totally unique. However, take the Waterman Apex / Ionbird / RFU or Supermarine Descent / Project Possible and the similarities are off putting to me.
    Hi,

    I feel like a response from me is required here. As you know, I really do love this forum and also the people on it - it’s a great place, and bunch of people. I too have been unable to access the forum (until today), so I suspect that is why there has been the sudden downturn. The issue was with a server somewhere I believe, and hopefully that is now sorted.

    With regards to the FB page, that is growing massively, now well over 3000 people. I think that is likely because of the ‘ease’ of access to FB, and how simple it is to interact when compared to a forum.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites