Thread: Jaguar C Type

Jaguar C Type

I thought that J would have been along and posted a detailed intro as he usually does for the new Jaguar C-Type but he hasn't so I'll start a thread

https://www.bremont.com/products/jaguar-c-type

it did seem to come in under the radar, the first I knew about it was on another forum then I checked my social media and there it was.

do I like it, now there's a question. Maybe. I like the strap and I like the overall design. I'm not totally sold on the silver sunburst dial with white sub dials , I would need to see that in person. I'm also not totally sold on the design of the white sub dials. It may be the renderings but the sub dials look quite cheap. I"m also not sure about the logo on the case back. If it was all stainless steel I think it would look great, gold coloured, hmm.

As was mentioned by someone on the Bremont Facebook page, it does feel a little bit 'lazy'. How many times can Bremont reimagine the same watch. This is effectively the eighth version of the same style of watch (Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk2 white, D-Type, 60th green, 60th grey before it - admittedly the 60th Anniversary versions are slightly different)

Now the annoying bit. I mentioned on the thread about the Jaguar 60th set that Bremont releasing the rally timer set on its own was a big faux pas in my opinion as it potentially reduced the desirability of the 60th set. Now Bremont have gone another step further and added the tachymeter bezel from the 60th set to the C-type. So for anyone who purchased (or is thinking of purchasing) a 60th set, what are they getting for their money? £13k for the set. £2.5k for the rally timer set. So that's £10.5k for the watch plus a day out driving E-types. Everything on the 60th watch is now available on other Bremonts at £5.5k. So effectively what Bremont are telling their 60th set customers is that watch isn't anything special and they're paying £5k for a day out driving some E-types. Not what I would want to hear.
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 05-20-2022 at 12:16 AM.

I agree on the 'lazy' bit also the strap which looks like a Moto Lita steering wheel.
    I like the watch and it would probably look great on somebody elses wrist, but not mine.
    Have Bremont made many models that now they're getting samey ?

I love the watch and would like one for myself but I do not like watches associated with cars! That is just me, so no offence to anyone who wants to buy it. I may buy the strap when it is available after six months!

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    I love the watch and would like one for myself but I do not like watches associated with cars! That is just me, so no offence to anyone who wants to buy it. I may buy the strap when it is available after six months!
    I think the Etype is up there with the Spitfire as being a British engineering icon and the Mk 2 not far behind but agree the association with cars does nothing.

I am afraid I must agree with most points made here, too many similar watches reduces the appeal.
    It certainly not a Bremont watch I would entertain buying, but can understand if it appeals to other people, as I have always said each to their own.
    Definitely agree with Larry about the E-type & the Spitfire though.