Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bremont x Bamford

Bremont x Bamford

Looks like a new collaboration is launching on 27th April 2022. Any idea which style the collaboration will be based on?

https://www.bremont.com/pages/bamford
    Last edited by mapledraco; 04-18-2022 at 10:53 AM.

I must admit that I'm a bit in the dark here (which is probably an appropriate phrase given what I've read about Bamford liking black)

I don't know anything about Bamford, other than the name being linked to JCB. After a thoroughly good online read it seems that George Bamford (the grandson of the JCB founder) is a watch fan and by all accounts a world renowned producer of customised Rolex. Then a quick browse on the Bamford Watch Company website has anything from a number of partnerships to a greater number of relatively inexpensive multi coloured watches including some with characters from Sesame Street.

so if anyone would like to educate me, I'm all ears.

as for the style of watch, given the colours and unique style of watches on the Bamford website I would have to say it will be a sports model. Which one is anyones guess.

Looks like the Supermarine Descent II is trialling the potential colour-way….

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I must admit that I'm a bit in the dark here (which is probably an appropriate phrase given what I've read about Bamford liking black)

I don't know anything about Bamford, other than the name being linked to JCB. After a thoroughly good online read it seems that George Bamford (the grandson of the JCB founder) is a watch fan and by all accounts a world renowned producer of customised Rolex. Then a quick browse on the Bamford Watch Company website has anything from a number of partnerships to a greater number of relatively inexpensive multi coloured watches including some with characters from Sesame Street.

so if anyone would like to educate me, I'm all ears.

as for the style of watch, given the colours and unique style of watches on the Bamford website I would have to say it will be a sports model. Which one is anyones guess.
    I must admit, it has confused me.

Bamford, as you say, became famous for customising Rolex, but without Rolex approval - naturally! This started as mainly by addition of DLC and limited text colour changes on the dials, but ended up as fully customised piece unique watches.

There was, after many years, a lawsuit and now they have moved to other brands, and other price points all hinging on the Bamford name.

I’ll be intrigued to see what this partnership comes up with given all of the customisation they became famous for with Rolex is readily available with Bremont..

Whilst I was picking up my Harrods Black Bay, I had a rather lengthy conversation with the Manager, who was very pleased to show me their Bremont collection knowing I was a fan. Next to the Bremont display was a Bamford display of watches all in DLC & I assumed that they where making their own watches now, the Manager never mentioned anything about a Bremont/Bamford edition?

My friend has a Rolex GMT modified by Bamford, if I can find a picture of it I will post it later, interesting to hear you views on it.

In the interests of full disclosure, as I've mentioned a few times before, I'm not a Rolex fan.

Taking that out of the equation, my instant reaction was that it's awful. Seemed to cheapen the design, if that's the right way to say it. However, I think it's a slow burner as after a few minutes of looking at it I was starting to like it and I could almost see me wearing it.

However, the difficulty I have with this and I say this as someone who doesn't like Rolex, if you want a Rolex then surely you want it for the classic look of a Rolex? Why would you want to modify a Rolex to such an extreme? It almost says to me that the owner wants a Rolex because of the label/brand and not the watch itself which is somewhat ironic when you think that Rolex seem to push that marketing idea and yet they don't like their watches being modified. Definitely a conversation to have over a few beers!

I suppose that makes a Bremont official version even more or a quandry. Is it ok to have a heavily modified version of a watch if it's the manufacturer of the watch authorising the modification? It's then not really a heavily modified version of a watch but just another manufacturer model. My head is starting to hurt!
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 04-19-2022 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post

That looks like an old Tag Heuer F1.
    A bloke in the pub had a Submariner Kermit that I tried on and must admit I was blown away.
    I think it's mainly the gold Rolexes that look tacky

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I suppose that makes a Bremont official version even more or a quandry. Is it ok to have a heavily modified version of a watch if it's the manufacturer of the watch authorising the modification? It's then not really a heavily modified version of a watch but just another manufacturer model. My head is starting to hurt!
    This was, to an extent, my point - where do you draw the line, given that Bremont do heavy amounts of customisation themselves via Special Projects.

Either way, I’ll be intrigued to see what they come up with. Maybe it’ll be a bit like Rolex/Tag/Zenith with Bamford, in that they themselves will act as a third party customiser for the brand’s watches?

If that is the case, it could be interesting.

If the teaser is and indication, there might be blue lume. I like blue lume