Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bremont x Bamford

The Ebay Bamford is still there

I sometimes see watches being sold on Ebay from Europe at 2 or 3k over retail and not watches on a waiting list either.
    Can anybody explain how or why ??

Some people just can't wait for a purchase and others just see something that they must have and don't bother checking what the price is like relative to other stores.

a case in point of the former is the Omega Swatch. It's not limited edition but those who must have one right now are buying for over 1k on eBay. If they waited until the initial rush has died down they'll get it for a quarter of that price.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner
    a case in point of the former is the Omega Swatch. It's not limited edition but those who must have one right now are buying for over 1k on eBay. If they waited until the initial rush has died down they'll get it for a quarter of that price.

Or you can buy a fake for 20 less than the real deal...

(Somewhat tongue in cheek, as I realise they are hard to get at RRP. I know, I've tried!)

There's something very odd about being able to buy a 'copy' or 'fake' of a watch that's basically a cheap plastic quartz watch. I now have an image of a strange character in an overcoat walking up to me, opening his coat and displaying rows of Micky Mouse watches!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    There's something very odd about being able to buy a 'copy' or 'fake' of a watch that's basically a cheap plastic quartz watch. I now have an image of a strange character in an overcoat walking up to me, opening his coat and displaying rows of Micky Mouse watches!
    The bloke has a fedora on and has a pencil moustache.
    The inside of his mackintosh is a veritable Open all hours.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Haha, brilliant!