Thread: Supermarine Chrono?

Supermarine Chrono?

So I’m watching the new Spider-Man movie (because I can and they’re great) and in the post credits scene I’m pretty sure our man with the Alien (Tom Hardy) can be seen wearing the new Supermarine Chrono.

Looks like the Supermarine will get some screen time in the upcoming movie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Tom Hardy likes Staffies too so he's ok in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    From all that is told, Tom is a pretty stand up fellow. He seems to remain remarkably down to earth considering his career and popularity.

While the Venom movies have not garnered massive support, I hope they continue with him at the helm, as I this he does a very good job of them.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by shedlock2000 View Post
    So I’m watching the new Spider-Man movie (because I can and they’re great) and in the post credits scene I’m pretty sure our man with the Alien (Tom Hardy) can be seen wearing the new Supermarine Chrono.

Looks like the Supermarine will get some screen time in the upcoming movie!

Lovely watch the supermarine chrono is, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    Lovely watch the supermarine chrono is, thanks for sharing.
    It’s my favourite piece of theirs by a very long way. Wish it were 1mm thinner, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Who doesn't

Tom is a pretty stand up fellow. He seems to remain remarkably down to earth considering his career and popularity.
    I've heard that too. I can't help wondering whether it's because he's had a lot of hardship before he finally made it big. He does also love his Bremonts so he obviously has taste.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I've heard that too. I can't help wondering whether it's because he's had a lot of hardship before he finally made it big.
    I don’t really know much about him or his history. I know what little I do only through random bits I’ve read by others who have worked with him. He genuinely seems to be a very humble and down-to-earth guy.

I imagine a free watch from
    Bremont wouldn’t be a hard thing to turn down, though! That said, I imagine other manufacturers must have approached him.

I imagine a free watch from Bremont wouldn’t be a hard thing to turn down, though! That said, I imagine other manufacturers must have approached him.
    As true as that is, I believe that he purchased his first couple of Bremont watches and then became an ambassador later. I think that a few other 'celebrities' have done the same.

I must admit that it's one of the things that I don't like about brand ambassadors, especially those with the big name brands. We never really know whether they like the brands or are simply being paid to endorse the brands. There again, should we care? I would never buy a watch because a celebrity owns one but I know at least one person who would. Taken to the extreme, collectors are obsessed by such watches as the Newman Daytona. What a strange world we live in!!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I must admit that it's one of the things that I don't like about brand ambassadors, especially those with the big name brands. We never really know whether they like the brands or are simply being paid to endorse the brands.
    It is a bit odd. I’m somehow much happier tracking celebs who own a thing than those who are ambassadors — Hugh Laurie, for instance.

I have no issues with product placement, such as Kingsman or Bond; the actors have to wear/drive/use something, so it might as well be a product that’s helped pay for the film to be made, but I’m a little less keen with Ambassadors for the reason you mentioned. I’d be much happier seeing a Bremont on the wrist of a YouTuber pulling a Land Rover engine apart while he’s stuck in the Arctic circle than I would seeing Jason Fox wear a watch to do some next-level SAS stuff I’ll never do nor am interested in (which really isn’t that hard on a watch anyway).

Real world tough is more important to me than military pedigree or some such thing. While I’m certain that a watch was tested climbing 14 peaks, I’d be much more impressed if the watch in the wrist of a fencing contractor stayed in regulation, as knocks are far worse on a watch than cold (I get -50°c just walking to work in a morning here).

The Ambassador thing is overrated, I think; and there are better (demanding, though less glamorous) ways to demonstrate a watch’s dependability/endurance than on the wrist of an adrenaline junkie.