Thread: Brand new arrow not working

Brand new arrow not working

Hello All. Merry Christmas.

New owner of an Arrow, well it’s my sons birthday present which he’s had for a week now.

He’s worn it for a couple of days with no issues but after not wearing it and the reserve power depleting, he’s come to wind it , 40 turns, and the watch will not start.

Any ideas?

TIA

Dan.

Brand new arrow not working

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
    Hello All. Merry Christmas.

New owner of an Arrow, well it’s my sons birthday present which he’s had for a week now.

He’s worn it for a couple of days with no issues but after not wearing it and the reserve power depleting, he’s come to wind it , 40 turns, and the watch will not start.

Any ideas?

TIA

Dan.

Dan, welcome, Merry Christmas!

Sorry to hear about the problem, it is an intriguing one - albeit no doubt disappointing, especially at this time of year!

Not a recommended method, but does the watch start if you shake it? The reason I ask is it is likely either a problem with the winding mechanism via the crowd or the automatic side (if you will) via the rotor.

Morning

I’ve tried to ‘kick start’ it but unfortunately it doesn’t start. I tried winding it again but something is definitely stuck as the balance wheel moves when I wind it.

Looks like a trip to the Boutique tomorrow 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
    Morning

I’ve tried to ‘kick start’ it but unfortunately it doesn’t start. I tried winding it again but something is definitely stuck as the balance wheel moves when I wind it.

Looks like a trip to the Boutique tomorrow
    Do let us know how you get on. Disappointing no doubt, but I’m sure they’ll have you sorted in no time.