Thread: Steel Bremont bracelet

Steel Bremont bracelet

Hey all,

So I picked up the steel non integrated bracelet the other day for MBIII.

Now this may sound daft, but it sounds like I have a rattle coming from inside the bracelet clasp, so every time I move my wrist it rattles, metal on metal.

Now is this how it's designed, or do I have an issue.

Been wearing metal and titanium bracelets all my life and never had a rattle continously.

Yes they rattle when you move it into position on your wrist, after it's slid forward etc... or you shake it, in my opinion vigorously.

But I was dancing with my daughter and it sounded like I was jingling a bell, never experienced this with my Rolex, Omega or titanium bremont bracelet.

Many thanks for your guidance.

Jenks

I know this may sound a bit silly, but I take it the spring pins are the right size for the bracelet & are not too loose causing it to rattle?

Steel Bremont bracelet

I’ve just had a play with my bracelets and I could only replicate something similar with a concerted effort - a rather vigorous shake.

Could you post a video of the noise if possible? May help narrow it down. Looking at a bracelet now, I’m having a hard time figuring out where such a noise would come from, or indeed what would cause it. Steve may be on to something with regards to springbar size, but a video would help..

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I know this may sound a bit silly, but I take it the spring pins are the right size for the bracelet & are not too loose causing it to rattle?
    Bounce, that's my thought.

On my steal bracelet, I can wiggle from side to side the spring pins on the clasp, yet my titanium bracelet I can't move the spring pin bar.
    I hope they are the right size, the strap came direct from HQ, I'm not clued up enough on my bracelet to do any form of alteration, apart from swapping one strap for another.

Redbluesgreens I'm on it.

Thank you both for your help
    Last edited by Jenks78; 11-06-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenks78 View Post
    I can wiggle from side to side the spring pins on the clasp, yet my titanium bracelet I can't move the spring pin bar.
    I’m trying to picture which bars/pins you mean - I can’t wiggle either of mine, as far as I can tell. I’ll await the video.

Cheers Jenks!

So dropped into HQ on my way back from work today.

Helpful as always, a technician had a look and said it was the spring pins, in the clasp where the clasp clicks into the other side of the bracelet.
    So they did somthing to attempt to stop the small spring pin clasp rattling.

Unfortunately in my opinion it's not fixed the problem, decided to give it a go myself, bit of card slid underneath the sprin pins on the back of the clasp and the noise has stopped.

So I presume the spring pins which form the clasp are some how too lose, or to small.

Not the best fix, for not so cheap a bracelet.

I have the same bracelet design in titanium and its quiet as a mouse.
    Last edited by Jenks78; 11-09-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Steel Bremont bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by Jenks78 View Post
    So dropped into HQ on my way back from work today.

Helpful as always, a technician had a look and said it was the spring pins, in the clasp where the clasp clicks into the other side of the bracelet.
    So they did somthing to attempt to stop the small spring pin clasp rattling.

Unfortunately in my opinion it's not fixed the problem, decided to give it a go myself, bit of card slid underneath the sprin pins on the back of the clasp and the noise has stopped.

So I presume the spring pins which form the clasp are some how too lose, or to small.

Not the best fix, for not so cheap a bracelet.

I have the same bracelet design in titanium and its quiet as a mouse.
    Just reading your fix and immediately I thought, ‘surely fatter pins will help’? That sounds like it’s fundamentally the issue.

I’m sure Bremont will help sort it out as you still aren’t happy. Admittedly, I wouldn’t be either - it shouldn’t rattle! Sounds like a straight replacement would be the way to go with it…
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-09-2021 at 03:44 PM.

I'm sure they will help too.

They have excellent customer service, and that's one reason I admire the brand and buy with confidence.

Yes, definitely sounds like the clasp pin needs to be a larger diameter, I am surprised they didn't try this first time though?

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Yes, definitely sounds like the clasp pin needs to be a larger diameter, I am surprised they didn't try this first time though?
    I don't know about the clasp pins but when I changed the bracelet on my S300 the spring bars were 1.89mm in dia.which is bigger than the norm.
    I put narrower spring bars in so I could set the bracelet length right before the 1.89mm ones came from Bremont and of course there was a lot of rattling.