Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solo 32 L/C - Cant turn crown

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    My missus likes the Tudor Claire de Rose too but I'm leaning towards the Bremont for errrr cough cough obvious reasons
    I really do wish my wife was interested in watches, it would make things so much easier.
    All I get is "it looks like all your other watches & it tells the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I really do wish my wife was interested in watches, it would make things so much easier.
    All I get is "it looks like all your other watches & it tells the time".
    Some of the watches she likes are a surprise to me, just as the ones she doesn't like are.
    I sent her the link of the ladies solo range and she liked the story behind them !?!?

I've never taken much notice of the Bremont ladies watches before, but WoW they're seriously beautiful.
    They are indeed. The Solo 34 watches are a perfect size, stylish yet subtle. Oddly though, they're usually looked over rather than at and barring the Lady K and the limited edition Quantum, Bremont don't seem to promote them much. Shame really. I have heard comments before on another forum that 'other halves' tend to favour Rolex or Cartier simply because of the brand name. Bremont don't yet have that kind of 'profile' but in many ways I think that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    They are indeed. The Solo 34 watches are a perfect size, stylish yet subtle. Oddly though, they're usually looked over rather than at and barring the Lady K and the limited edition Quantum, Bremont don't seem to promote them much. Shame really. I have heard comments before on another forum that 'other halves' tend to favour Rolex or Cartier simply because of the brand name. Bremont don't yet have that kind of 'profile' but in many ways I think that's a good thing.
    When we ordered our Tudors 2 years ago a woman in there must've tried on every Datejust in the shop and was still trying them when we left.
    I've offered my missus my Airking but she doesn't like it !?!?
    Last edited by Lancaster; 10-28-2021 at 07:19 AM.

I'm not your missus (obviously) but if you're offering your Air-King about, I'll take it..

I've never met your missus but it sounds like she has good taste!

(in the interests of full disclosure I'm not a fan of Rolex watches as a rule)

when the Lady K watches were released, a thread was started on another forum and one forum member said that his wife would never wear anything other than a Rolex or a Patek. I asked is that because she likes the watches or the brand? I very much hold the belief that everyone has their own taste and should be allowed to enjoy it, assuming that they can afford it. However, I'm also very much against pretence, those who buy watches not because they like them but simply because of the status that the brand implies.

This arrived yesterday.
    34mm Solo LC but unfortunately the pics don't show off the lovely blue handsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20211030_063309.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	4906

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

This arrived yesterday.
    34mm Solo LC but unfortunately the pics don't show off the lovely blue handsClick image for larger version. 

Superb! As has been said above, the ladies range doesnt get enough attention, they really are lovely and well executed pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Superb! As has been said above, the ladies range doesnt get enough attention, they really are lovely and well executed pieces.
    She's just gone out with it on and she's made up with it.
    I wonder what percentage of luxury watches sold are for women ??
    30 odd years ago when I bought her a citizen the dial was about the same size as a 5p piece but now needs must and the dias. have got progressively bigger
    Last edited by Lancaster; 10-30-2021 at 02:06 PM.

This arrived yesterday.

It looks stunning Larry, well done, great pressie.