Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solo 32 L/C - Canít turn crown

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    those who buy watches not because they like them but simply because of the status that the brand implies.
    90% of the people I am afraid to say who want to spend money on a watch, will do this because of the brand and status! Unless they are really interested in haute horology.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    This arrived yesterday.
    34mm Solo LC but unfortunately the pics don't show off the lovely blue handsAttachment 4906

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Congratulations and a great choice.

This arrived yesterday. 34mm Solo LC but unfortunately the pics don't show off the lovely blue hands
    Good choice! I know exactly what you mean about the blue hands, they look great in person but it's tricky to get them looking anything but black in photos. Your missus is obviously over the moon with it, as I mentioned previously, obviously a woman of good taste!

Good choice! I know exactly what you mean about the blue hands, they look great in person but it's tricky to get them looking anything but black in photos. Your missus is obviously over the moon with it, as I mentioned previously, obviously a woman of good taste!
    Absolutely - itís like a little hidden extra that pops in certain light. Iíve only managed to capture them a few times on my SE301, I love how they can go from black to bright blue dependant on the light.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Absolutely - it’s like a little hidden extra that pops in certain light. I’ve only managed to capture them a few times on my SE301, I love how they can go from black to bright blue dependant on the light.

Yes you've got them there, they look amazing

They don't even look blue on the Bremont site.
    I was going to get her a Tudor Claire de Rose as I know she likes the dial and blue hands.
    If I'd known the Solo had them I could have bough it as a surprise, d'oh

They don't even look blue on the Bremont site
    I think it's the white face that makes the hands appear black when they're actually blue. The Bremont 'Boutique' Solo limited edition also has blue hands but every photo you see of them makes the hands look black. I think that with the SE301, although they're still very subtle. the black face contrasts with the blue hands, enough to make the hands look 'not black'. I think that the dark blue hands are my favourite type.

I think it's the white face that makes the hands appear black when they're actually blue. The Bremont 'Boutique' Solo limited edition also has blue hands but every photo you see of them makes the hands look black. I think that with the SE301, although they're still very subtle. the black face contrasts with the blue hands, enough to make the hands look 'not black'. I think that the dark blue hands are my favourite type.
    I've just turned the watch over in my hand, and watched the hands turn from black to blue and It was only a few degrees.
    I'll have to look in the new boutique in Manchester at the S301 and other models.

I've just turned the watch over in my hand, and watched the hands turn from black to blue and It was only a few degrees.
    I'll have to look in the new boutique in Manchester at the S301 and other models.
    Good idea - and a good excuse to visit the boutique and have a look around..!