Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing: the Bremont Longitude!

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode
    Wait, the Royal Observatory is located at 51.48° - 0.0°
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I believe (although could be wrong) that the 51.48 references The Wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    That is my take on it too.
    You'd all be correct. I think I mentioned it above, but I obviously wasn't clear enough - apologies.

Stunner of a watch - love it. But that price is eye watering. About 50% more than I expected the SS to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    Lovely watches, I really like the one in SS with the grey dial. I am a bit disappointed with the size but I suppose people prefer smaller size watches these days. I wish them all the success with the new movement and hope they will make a hand wound movement one day.
    The size works really well. It doesn’t feel small although it does feel smaller than some Bremont offerings for obvious reasons, it is. As for a hand wound movement, thinking about all the watches that Bremont do or have done and the only manual watch is the Supersonic (I think) it might suggest that there’s not much demand?

[QUOTE= (I think) it might suggest that there’s not much demand?[/QUOTE]

You are correct there is and has never been much demand for hand wound watches but I have been fascinated by hand wound watches since a child and absolutely love them! I wind my MBII daily just because it gives my great joy LOL

I agree, I like them as well, the Supersonic is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    You are correct there is and has never been much demand for hand wound watches but I have been fascinated by hand wound watches since a child and absolutely love them! I wind my MBII daily just because it gives my great joy LOL
    I agree, I get a lot of pleasure winding my speedy, it takes me back to the old days.

Agree guys. Love winding the speedy and the supersonic. Very satisfying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

Quote Originally Posted by dacman
    But that price is eye watering. About 50% more than I expected the SS to be.

Indeed. Some of the reasoning behind that is the smaller run (in steel) than previous LE's, and also the costs incurred in bringing the movement to the market. I am told by HQ though that almost all of the steel watches have been allocated and they are already expecting future resale values to be higher than RRP, though.

While I admire the enthusiasm of Bremont HQ I do find those comments slightly hard to believe. A lot of the SS allocation will be to dealers and at the price the SS is, for resales to be higher than RRP they might be heading into Rolex resale territory. I'd very much like that to be the case but I can't see it.

I'm also struggling with the reasoning for the SS cost being partly due to those incurred while bringing the movement to market. If what you say in the movement thread about it being brought into regular models from next year then surely the cost would be spread across the whole Bremont ranges that will have the movement, not just a limited run of LE's that will be released a few months before?

what I also find strange with the pricing is that the rose and white gold watches are £3k more than the Hawking equivalent but the stainless steel is £7k more. Seems odd if the extra cost is solely justified by the movement? I would have expected the precious metal versions to be at least the same rise in price (in actual fact when the stainless steel price was announced, I was expecting closer to £30k for the white gold).

Back to the subject of the Longitude itself, I think the white gold version is simply stunning. The rose gold is too similar to the stainless steel model in my opinion, it looks very nice but so does the stainless steel version. The stainless steel version would have been fabulous at sub £10k but at £15k, it might be difficult to justify.
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 10-23-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    If what you say in the movement thread about it being brought into regular models from next year…
    I only pass on what I am told - and that was what they have said.