Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introducing: the Bremont Longitude!

I'm not disputing what you have been told, simply asking the question (not of you, in general and ideally of Bremont) as to the legitimacy of that point. From a buyers point of view, I'd question whether someone would be happy paying an extra £5k - £7k purely for a new movement in a SS LE watch if the potential for it to be present in a £5k watch the following year was quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    While I admire the enthusiasm of Bremont HQ I do find those comments slightly hard to believe. A lot of the SS allocation will be to dealers and at the price the SS is, for resales to be higher than RRP they might be heading into Rolex resale territory. I'd very much like that to be the case but I can't see it.
    I must say I am a bit shocked also at the SS price, that is £4,500 more than a new Daytona(if you can get one).

I agree, I bet most of those have been allocated to dealers, I would be surprised if they had been sold to the general public.

Again I hope they sell really well as they are stunning watches, but as I have said before just too much for me.

Introducing: the Bremont Longitude!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'm not disputing what you have been told, simply asking the question (not of you, in general and ideally of Bremont) as to the legitimacy of that point. From a buyers point of view, I'd question whether someone would be happy paying an extra £5k - £7k purely for a new movement in a SS LE watch if the potential for it to be present in a £5k watch the following year was quite high.
    I did wonder that myself - as that was my first question, but Bremont suggested the pricing rationale was also to do with the cost of acquiring the piece of Brass that is in the watch itself - apparently it doesn’t come cheap, though I’d have no idea how much it would be.

Now, I’ve no doubt parts of Stephen Hawking’s desk, or a piece of Spitfire doesn’t come cheap either, but….

Either way, I would very much like to see them do well, and succeed in bringing the movement ‘mass market’ - which I’ve no doubt they will. I will buy a ‘core’ piece when it becomes available, 100%, I would love to own the ‘first’ movement purely from a Bremont fan POV, and also a watchnerd POV!

This is the company from whom Bremont have purchased their IP for the new movement and you can see the similarities with the date window, power reserve and small seconds. I much prefer Bremont's design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211026-185108.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	4905  

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    This is the company from whom Bremont have purchased their IP for the new movement and you can see the similarities with the date window, power reserve and small seconds. I much prefer Bremont's design.
    Speaking of the movement, here is Peter Speake’s (of Speake-Marin fame) opinion on the movement.

It’s rather in depth, so only have a read if you’re a massive technical geek, like myself: https://www.thenakedwatchmaker.com/m...nts-at-bremont

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Speaking of the movement, here is Peter Speake’s (of Speake-Marin fame) opinion on the movement.

It’s rather in depth, so only have a read if you’re a massive technical geek, like myself: https://www.thenakedwatchmaker.com/m...nts-at-bremont
    Very interesting & informative read, I like the fact you can have so many different variations from the base movement.
    Thanks for sharing J.

Love the Longitude, it's a beautiful time piece, and I'm really happy to see the manufacturing of the movement has been brought to English shores.
    I think the brothers and the team at Bremont have come up with an excellent solution to the whole movement debacle.

It's an movement that has been purchased by Bremont, and altered with the majority of it is manufactured on UK shores, great going.

I'd love to go for the SS Longitude but I'm afraid it's out of my price range for now.

Either way, I would very much like to see them do well, and succeed in bringing the movement ‘mass market’ - which I’ve no doubt they will. I will buy a ‘core’ piece when it becomes available, 100%, I would love to own the ‘first’ movement purely from a Bremont fan POV, and also a watchnerd POV!
    I totally agree with this point. I believe that they will do well with the new movement. and it will be very interesting to see what the future progression will be. I must admit to being a little bit curious as to whether the BWC movement will now be mothballed. I did like that movement, especially in the Hercules but as it's not Bremonts own as such, I can imagine it being dropped.

thanks for posting the link. It's a long read so I think I'll be saving that for the weekend