Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing: the Bremont Longitude!

Introducing: the Bremont Longitude!

Hi Everyone,

As we all know, Bremont are launching a new watch this evening in Greenwich. Marketed with the lines ‘Watchmaking’s Coming Home’ and ‘Time Starts At Greenwich’ I’m sure a lot of us were thinking the same thing!

And, earlier today, whetting the appetite, we saw the release of the ‘Bremont Manufactured Movement,’ the ENG-300. Now though, time for the main course.

Introducing: the Bremont LONGITUDE!

Significantly, this watch pays tribute to the role that Great Britain has played in both clock and watchmaking, as well as Britains substantial contribution to time, astronomy and navigation. In the 1800’s, almost half of the watches and clocks in the world were British - this a major step from Bremont towards bringing that back!

The first obvious nods to Greenwich and Longitude are on the dial, which is housed in a smaller 40mm case. The eye is naturally drawn to the power reserve indication on the dial, designed to resemble the red time ball found at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, and used to allow sailors to obtain accurate time. Alongside this, and in a similar style to the Hawking, the dial has a raised central ‘globe’ with the Meridian’s running throughout, and a ‘big date’ at 3 o’clock. At 9, you will find a recessed running seconds.

Turning the watch over, the case back is a thing of beauty.

Visible as a ring around the outside, the Longitude contains brass from the historic Flamsteed Meridan Line found at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich. This position marks where the first Astronomer Royal, John Flamsteed, laid the first foundations for accurate navigation and timekeeping in the 17th Century. Engraved in to this ring are the longitude coordinates of The Royal Observatory and ‘The Wing’ in Henley - a lovely touch.

Overall, and best put by Nick and Giles themselves, this watch ‘tells the story of time itself.’

Limited to 150 in Steel (£14995), 75 in Rose Gold (£20995) and 75 in White Gold (£21995), the Longitude will be available from the usual places

Any questions, let me know.

Last edited by jwalker9; 10-20-2021 at 08:07 PM.

I love it!

Very nice, a little too rich for me though.

An absolute beauty, probably Bremonts finest hour. Only downside is the price of the SS version.

Wait, the Royal Observatory is located at 51.48° - 0.0°

The white gold version is beautiful as is the movement. The rose gold is nice in the same way that a girl says your ‘nice’ when you’re in your teens. In actual fact the stainless steel (to me) looks as good as the rose gold but the price is, well, nuts. I’m sure that Bremont can justify it with the new movement etc but I’d be surprised if customers can. It didn’t go so well for the SS Wright Flyer.

In regard to the movement, it’s very interesting and very nice looking. I suppose the big question is whether it’s an in house movement and whether anyone really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by awildermode View Post
    Wait, the Royal Observatory is located at 51.48° - 0.0°
    I believe (although could be wrong) that the 51.48 references The Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    The white gold version is beautiful as is the movement. The rose gold is nice in the same way that a girl says your ‘nice’ when you’re in your teens. In actual fact the stainless steel (to me) looks as good as the rose gold but the price is, well, nuts. I’m sure that Bremont can justify it with the new movement etc but I’d be surprised if customers can. It didn’t go so well for the SS Wright Flyer.

In regard to the movement, it’s very interesting and very nice looking. I suppose the big question is whether it’s an in house movement and whether anyone really cares.
    I agree on the white gold one, it's a real beauty.
    Only 10 times more than I could afford though

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I believe (although could be wrong) that the 51.48 references The Wing.
    That is my take on it too.

Lovely watches, I really like the one in SS with the grey dial. I am a bit disappointed with the size but I suppose people prefer smaller size watches these days. I wish them all the success with the new movement and hope they will make a hand wound movement one day.