Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: More Boutiques Opening!

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    London. UK
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    . Do you think you would talk about it as passionately if you'd met a friend at the Birmingham Bullring and gone shopping there?
    .
    The stand alone Mayfair boutique did certainly draw my attention as I knew that not every Tom, Dick and Harry would be able to open shop in that neighborhood! Pragnell have also opened a shop around the corner from Bremont on Mount Street, exclusively for PP and Rolex, I wonder why LOL! I have also been a customer for them in their Stratford-upon-Avon shop.

    Maybe Bremont want to target a different audience and who knows it may actually work for them.
    Last edited by Farhad19620; 08-17-2021 at 12:36 PM.

  2. #42
    Are the new boutique collaborations definitely stand alone or are they being integrated into existing signet shops. The Ernest jones store in Manchester has an Omega boutique attached like an annexe as do Beaverbrooks in the Trafford Centre, That seemed to be the route Rolex took a few year back by way of closing off AD'S to limit the presence on the high Street to stop discounting and create exclusivity. With higher end outlets though.

  3. #43
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    Are the new boutique collaborations definitely stand alone or are they being integrated into existing signet shops. The Ernest jones store in Manchester has an Omega boutique attached like an annexe as do Beaverbrooks in the Trafford Centre, That seemed to be the route Rolex took a few year back by way of closing off AD'S to limit the presence on the high Street to stop discounting and create exclusivity. With higher end outlets though.
    I had assumed (dangerous, I know) that the way they portrayed the opening of the boutiques was suggestive of them being standalone and not annexed - much like the existing boutique structure, just ‘ran’ by a third party, ie, Signet.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    Are the new boutique collaborations definitely stand alone or are they being integrated into existing signet shops. The Ernest jones store in Manchester has an Omega boutique attached like an annexe as do Beaverbrooks in the Trafford Centre, That seemed to be the route Rolex took a few year back by way of closing off AD'S to limit the presence on the high Street to stop discounting and create exclusivity. With higher end outlets though.
    The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive as you may have seen in Manchester. At the Gateshead Metro Centre, the Ernest Jones has a Tag boutique attached which is more like a section of the shop that has been made exclusively Tag with appropriate signage. However. the nearby Beaverbrooks has both a Breitling and an Omega boutique attached. Both boutiques are effectively standalone but the main shop can be accessed through the back of the boutiques. I can imagine the new Bremont boutiques being the latter.

  5. #45
    I was back in Manchester last Saturday watch hunting with my son, Trafford Centre first and then on into the city centre.
    Beaverbrooks at the Trafford Centre had probably the most Bremont's I've seen displayed there, a good selection.
    Had a look at the latest moonwatch and a bi-metal seamaster, looked at Breitling store across the way and Tudor, but Rolex in Goldsmiths not a gents watch to be seen and don't know when they will receive any new stock everything on wait list, so into the city where we had much the same experience.
    Getting rid of multiple outlets by Rolex certainly seems to have worked, not only are their sports watches on wait lists but every other gents model now as well. Not that they were on his wish list anyhow we just thought we would have a look (or not) as you do.
    So open to opinions, with a £10k + or - budget what would some of you guys be tempted by, he has a solo at the moment, no brands off the radar.
    Didn't know Goldsmiths and Mapin and Webb were under the WOS banner.
    Last edited by Ticktoc; 08-18-2021 at 08:45 AM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    775
    I know why Micheal Matthews in Bournemouth gave up their Bremont AD status probably as far back as 2015.

    They said to me that they was spending more time sizing up, sending back for repairs watches that had been bought direct from Bremont through the military team. In short they just could not compete with the prices or the uplift in work and hardly sold many additional Bremonts.

    Shame really for the AD's.

    Fingers crossed this new marketing adventure works out for all.

    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andyg156; 08-18-2021 at 10:27 AM.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    775
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    I was back in Manchester last Saturday watch hunting with my son, Trafford Centre first and then on into the city centre.
    Beaverbrooks at the Trafford Centre had probably the most Bremont's I've seen displayed there, a good selection.
    Had a look at the latest moonwatch and a bi-metal seamaster, looked at Breitling store across the way and Tudor, but Rolex in Goldsmiths not a gents watch to be seen and don't know when they will receive any new stock everything on wait list, so into the city where we had much the same experience.
    Getting rid of multiple outlets by Rolex certainly seems to have worked, not only are their sports watches on wait lists but every other gents model now as well. Not that they were on his wish list anyhow we just thought we would have a look (or not) as you do.
    So open to opinions, with a £10k + or - budget what would some of you guys be tempted by, he has a solo at the moment, no brands off the radar.
    Didn't know Goldsmiths and Mapin and Webb were under the WOS banner.
    Look at places like Blowers/ Micheal Matthews/Bramlys for a good condition pre owned rolex would be my choice at 10k.

    Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

  8. #48
    I posted the Boutique news on the Christopher Ward forum and (so far) it's been a very positive response. I think my fears have been put to bed and see it as a good move.

  9. #49
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    I posted the Boutique news on the Christopher Ward forum and (so far) it's been a very positive response. I think my fears have been put to bed and see it as a good move.
    Well that’s a positive - Bremont (as you know) often seem to get undue flack elsewhere online, so good to see that is not the case.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Bounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    345
    Looking forward to the Bluewater one opening.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites