Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Boutiques Opening!

More Boutiques Opening!

Evening everyone,

I don’t know if you’ve seen this, but announced today, Bremont (in partnership with Signet) are opening three new boutiques in the UK this year - they will be open by Christmas!

More information can be found here, via WatchPro: Signet Jewelers to open three Bremont Boutiques

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 08-05-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Evening everyone,

I donít know if youíve seen this, but announced today, Bremont (in partnership with Signet) are opening three new boutiques in the UK this year - they will be open by Christmas!

More information can be found here, via WatchPro: Signet Jewelers to open three Bremont Boutiques

J.
    Thanks for sharing, I have never heard of this jeweller before but wish them the best.

For me, this creates more questions than it answers.
    There's no mention of where the "boutiques" will be or when they will open, only that it will be before Christmas.
    They're not really boutiques, they're franchises in the same way that retailers such as Beaverbrooks and Goldsmiths are creating in store Tudor "boutiques" (and other brands)
    Signet Jewelers closed 20 percent of its UK stores last year (80+ stores) and are now planning to open 3 Bremont "boutiques". Seems relatively insignificant.
    Signet comprises H Samuel and Ernest Jones jewellers in the UK. H Samuel is too low budget for Bremont. Ernest Jones is too really. The current highest value watches in my local store are Tag Heuer. Not really where I imagine Bremonts product placement should be.

Bremont planning to open 3 more boutiques is a really good idea but I would prefer them to be Bremont boutiques and not fascimiles. It would be really good to see them open a boutique in places such as Edinburgh, York, Manchester and may be the Midlands. Why they're doing what they are I'm very intrigued to know.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    There's no mention of where the "boutiques" will be or when they will open, only that it will be before Christmas.
    They're not really boutiques, they're franchises in the same way that retailers such as Beaverbrooks and Goldsmiths are creating in store Tudor "boutiques" (and other brands)
    Signet Jewelers closed 20 percent of its UK stores last year (80+ stores) and are now planning to open 3 Bremont "boutiques". Seems relatively insignificant.
    Signet comprises H Samuel and Ernest Jones jewellers in the UK. H Samuel is too low budget for Bremont. Ernest Jones is too really. The current highest value watches in my local store are Tag Heuer. Not really where I imagine Bremonts product placement should be.

Bremont planning to open 3 more boutiques is a really good idea but I would prefer them to be Bremont boutiques and not fascimiles. It would be really good to see them open a boutique in places such as Edinburgh, York, Manchester and may be the Midlands. Why they're doing what they are I'm very intrigued to know.

Signet comprises H Samuel and Ernest Jones jewellers in the UK. H Samuel is too low budget for Bremont. Agree100%

I did not know that this company had shops under these names! You are not going to get the clientele here to buy a Bremont and any one who has come into a little bit of money will want to buy a Tag-Omega or Rolex! LOL

I had noticed Bremont tried to sell in a John Lewis store in London but on my recent visit there they have removed the Bremonts , thank God.

Many years ago when I was heavily into JLC on a visit to the UAE I had noticed they had a pop up market stall in one of their shopping mall, next to a stall selling cheap mobile phone cases! I don’t own a JLC anymore!

Anyway, I am sure the marketing and sales department know what they have to do. My father used to subscribe to , the Time, Newsweek and Economist , now you know where my interest for horology began, at the age of 24 I bought my first PP Calatrava.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post

I hadn't realised they are H Samuel and Ernest Jones. H Samuel certainly isn't someone I associate with high end brands, it's almost always the likes of Casio and Citizen. Intriguing.

I suppose though, it's much like you say, and indeed the likes of Watches Of Switzerland are doing for Breitling with the boutiques - although they have chosen places like Cardiff to open those.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    I had noticed Bremont tried to sell in a John Lewis store in London but on my recent visit there they have removed the Bremonts , thank God.
    I did see this online, but hadn't seen it myself - interesting move.

J.

H Samuel ??
    How many people who are interested in luxury watches would shop there ??
    I don't even look in the window of a H Samuel.

I think that it's safe to say that Bremont won't be appearing in H Samuel any time soon. I'd anticipate the new boutiques to be part of Ernest Jones stores, which ones is the question. The article does mention that Bremont have had a long relationship with Signet - I suppose that's in the USA and in relation to Jared jewellers?

Curiously the WatchPro article comments on a new store concept which was first used at The Wing and will be rolled out across their other boutiques in time. I can't say that I noticed anything particularly different about The Wing boutique as opposed to others so that will be interesting to see, whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I suppose though, it's much like you say, and indeed the likes of Watches Of Switzerland are doing for Breitling with the boutiques - although they have chosen places like Cardiff to open those. .
    "Monobrand boutiques" as they seem to be called are appearing all over the place. All the big retailers are opening them, I suppose it's a way of focusing customers on one brand rather than having too much choice from multiple brands in one store. I can see it as both a positive and a negative. It's a positive for those who shop with a specific brand in mind, it's a negative for those who don't really know what they want and would like to browse.

I think it's safe to say if you walk into Ernest Jones you've walked into H Samuel, they sell exactly the same cheap nasty offerings.
    Yes its a good move by Bremont moving into the low end outlets as they are managing an exit from individual stores with a lot more pedigree. How many sales have been highlighted on this forum for jewelers that have given up on the brand in the past couple of years.
    In Manchester last weekend for a shopping trip where Bremont has been taken up by Ernest jones but Chisholme Hunter has already ditched Bremont and on top of that my local AD is on the brink of doing the same, not a good direction to be going in.
    Last edited by Ticktoc; 08-08-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktoc View Post
    Yes its a good move by Bremont moving into the low end outlets
    No, I do not think this is a good move, Sir! but they have to do what they think is best for them. Bremont will decide how their brand will look, how should the customer feel when they make contact with the brand, where should the brand be located in consumersí minds. I just hope they will be able to maintain their brand image, so far I think they have done pretty well.