Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: More Boutiques Opening!

^^^ I've PM'd back!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    The new Boutique’s locations are Birmingham Bullring, Cribbs Causeway (Bristol) and Bluewater..

Don’t shoot the messenger..
    Goodness me, it goes from bad to worse. Three new ‘boutiques’ within sensible driving distance of the current boutiques. What’s the point? Nothing whatsoever in the north. west or east and nothing in Scotland, Wales or NI.

(not shooting the messenger )

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Goodness me, it goes from bad to worse. Three new ‘boutiques’ within sensible driving distance of the current boutiques. What’s the point? Nothing whatsoever in the north. west or east and nothing in Scotland, Wales or NI.

(not shooting the messenger )
    I do worry about the loss of exclusivity with these high street openings. I remember Nick English saying once that Bremont weren't a "Bond Street" brand and I suppose this is proof of that!

It might make it easier for me to send mine in for servicing via Birmingham as that's local to me.

But, yes, I am surprised by this news.

I don’t mind the idea of making the brand more accessible, doing it the right way is what I’m more concerned about. I think Nick English comment was right to the point that he wants the watches to be accessible and not be Bond Street super exclusive but at the same time they want to be more exclusive than the likes of Tag Heuer. I suspect part of the issue might be that the English brothers are really just figureheads now and the overall control/strategy seems to be with the MD and his investment company.

^^^ Yes, there's a sanity/vanity element to it for me. I like to think I have an exclusive watch that few others know. I like that, so far, Bremont are not as ubiquitous as IWC, Rolex, Omega. That was partly why I chose Bremont.

But then that 'secrecy' isn't a lasting business strategy I guess.

I've not paid much attention to the new MD and investment company. That's something I'll look into.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    I do worry about the loss of exclusivity with these high street openings. I remember Nick English saying once that Bremont weren't a "Bond Street" brand and I suppose this is proof of that!

I was visiting a friend in London near the Bremont Mayfair boutique when I first came across Bremont and got interested in the brand.

If anyone has visited this Boutique I am sure they know that one cannot get a more exclusive neighborhood in the UK LOL!

I love visiting Purdey and Holland & Holland whenever I am in London.

I wish them the best, whatever direction they take and hope it is for the better but love it or hate it, product placement works.

The Mayfair boutique was never my favourite but I agree, it's certainly an exclusive neighbourhood. Do you think you would talk about it as passionately if you'd met a friend at the Birmingham Bullring and gone shopping there?

What's interesting about product placement is that it has to be done right. A Bremont stand next to a Casio stand is going to have a completely different impact to a Bremont stand next to a Tudor stand. For me, having three Bremont franchises in three shopping centres won't have the desired impact. They'll certainly have the footfall but the vast majority of the passing customers will choose one of the more well known brands. Possibly why Beaverbrooks, in my area at least, seem to have dropped Bremont from their stores. In my view what Bremont need to do is keep doing what they were, promote the brand for its core values. It's already successful, so just keep building a steady momentum and not try to 'force' the brand on to the general public.

^^^ Yes, exactly this! The Bullring is more like London's Oxford St. Mayfair it certainly isn't. It's a pity I hadn't seen this news last week. I had an hour to kill in Brum before a routine work medical and could have worked out where the shop will be. Next to Clinton Cards or Ann Summers? A £4k Bremont watch and sexy nurses outfit anyone? In reality it will be next to one of Signet's shops there selling Tag and Oris.

WoS on New Street has been there years and years selling IWC, Rolex, Tudor, Panerai and extended their shop a few years ago. That makes more sense to me. I wonder why there's no relationship there.

Also, who's taking the risk is it Bremont or Signet. If the shop is unsuccessful is it Signet who bear the cost and take the hit?

WoS on New Street has been there years and years selling IWC, Rolex, Tudor, Panerai and extended their shop a few years ago. That makes more sense to me. I wonder why there's no relationship there.
    That's certainly more where you'd expect them to be, more akin to the brand 'level' and image. I wonder why Bremont chose to go with Signet to open up these boutiques..?

Also, who's taking the risk is it Bremont or Signet. If the shop is unsuccessful is it Signet who bear the cost and take the hit?
    Interesting question, it's got the potential to be a massively expensive - and public - failure if it doesn't work out. I hope Bremont doesn't have to foot the bill...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I hope Bremont doesn't have to foot the bill...
    I hope so too!