Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MBII Savanna!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MBII Savanna!

New from Henley today - the MBII Savanna!

It’s the same MBII, but different! A new ‘Grade 5’ Titanium case, manufactured in partnership with Martin-Baker, and comes with the usual aluminium barrel in anthracite.

Retail is £4595 and it’s available from the end of the month.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 07-22-2021 at 08:31 PM.

This is one of those moments when I think 'hmmmm'. There are aspects of this watch that I really like and others that I'm really not so sure about. The dial and general appearance of the front of the watch I really like. I like the titanium aspect although I do wonder how much weight saving there will actually be as there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of titanium. The display case back I'm slightly surprised at. The design of the watch suggests a military tool watch - with a display case back? The strap I would swap out immediately, most likely for a NATO. My final concern is the 'tactical coating' of the titanium. I wonder how easily it might scratch?

overall I like it but it's not a must have, may be a 7/10 or 8/10?

curiously, for a brand that prides itself on being British, they've used the American spelling of Savanna. The British spelling is Savannah.

what do you think J?

as an aside, after you mentioned a silver Tudor on the Bremont Fans Facebook page I had a look online. I really like that watch! Oops, did I really say that out loud!
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 07-23-2021 at 12:34 AM.

MBII Savanna!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    This is one of those moments when I think 'hmmmm'. There are aspects of this watch that I really like and others that I'm really not so sure about. The dial and general appearance of the front of the watch I really like. I like the titanium aspect although I do wonder how much weight saving there will actually be as there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of titanium. The display case back I'm slightly surprised at. The design of the watch suggests a military tool watch - with a display case back? The strap I would swap out immediately, most likely for a NATO. My final concern is the 'tactical coating' of the titanium. I wonder how easily it might scratch?

overall I like it but it's not a must have, may be a 7/10 or 8/10?

curiously, for a brand that prides itself on being British, they've used the American spelling of Savanna. The British spelling is Savannah.

what do you think J?

as an aside, after you mentioned a silver Tudor on the Bremont Fans Facebook page I had a look online. I really like that watch! Oops, did I really say that out loud!
    Fully agree, actually.

I do like the newly re-tooled rotor, and indeed the Titanium case, but I have reservations about why it wasn’t left as ‘raw’ Ti, and why it was coated..

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 07-23-2021 at 03:36 PM.

I must admit it is not really calling out to me, I like the display back, but that is about it I am afraid.

I have really started to take an interest in the MB series of watches lately & really like the MBIII, but this is a version that will not be on my want list, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I must admit it is not really calling out to me, I like the display back, but that is about it I am afraid.

I have really started to take an interest in the MB series of watches lately & really like the MBIII, but this is a version that will not be on my want list, sorry.
    I am going to be your tormentor until you get a MBIII! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    I am going to be your tormentor until you get a MBIII! LOL

There is a name for people like you.

Just keep posting all the pictures, I never tire of seeing them.

Did anyone catch what watch Andrew Martin was wearing yesterday? Looked like a bronze or gold MBII on a bracelet?

Quote Originally Posted by james.roberts69 View Post
    Did anyone catch what watch Andrew Martin was wearing yesterday? Looked like a bronze or gold MBII on a bracelet?
    Correct - it’s a ‘piece unique’ solid yellow gold MBII. The Brothers made it for Andrew to celebrate 10 years of their partnership.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post

I reckon an MB would make a beltin' well deserved early retirement present.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    I reckon an MB would make a beltin' well deserved early retirement present.
    So do I Larry, but that is what I told her about the new car & the new Christopher Ward I have just bought. I don't know how many times I can keep using that excuse.