Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MBII Savanna!

MBII Savanna!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    This is one of those moments when I think 'hmmmm'. There are aspects of this watch that I really like and others that I'm really not so sure about. The dial and general appearance of the front of the watch I really like. I like the titanium aspect although I do wonder how much weight saving there will actually be as there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of titanium. The display case back I'm slightly surprised at. The design of the watch suggests a military tool watch - with a display case back? The strap I would swap out immediately, most likely for a NATO. My final concern is the 'tactical coating' of the titanium. I wonder how easily it might scratch?

overall I like it but it's not a must have, may be a 7/10 or 8/10?

curiously, for a brand that prides itself on being British, they've used the American spelling of Savanna. The British spelling is Savannah.

what do you think J?

as an aside, after you mentioned a silver Tudor on the Bremont Fans Facebook page I had a look online. I really like that watch! Oops, did I really say that out loud!
    Fully agree, actually.

I do like the newly re-tooled rotor, and indeed the Titanium case, but I have reservations about why it wasn’t left as ‘raw’ Ti, and why it was coated..

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 07-23-2021 at 03:36 PM.

A picture of the MB Savanna on a Bremont NATO strap courtesy of Bremonts Instagram page. Still not sure......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm a glass-back hater anyway, but I really can't see the point of a pilot's watch not being anti-magnetic: I thought that was part of what made the MB a pilot's watch.

Quote Originally Posted by nellydog View Post
    I know I'm a glass-back hater anyway, but I really can't see the point of a pilot's watch not being anti-magnetic: I thought that was part of what made the MB a pilot's watch.
    Interesting point.

I believe the anti-magnetic (and to a lesser extent, the shock-resistant) properties of the MB-series are more a marketing tool which is necessitated to fulfil the 'ejection test' figures/requirements from Martin-Baker than a real requirement in a pilot watch.

Now, having said that, I do like and appreciate the engineering, design and R&D that has gone in to the watch as a whole, and I don't really understand why Bremont insist on taking away the full potential of the piece by doing an open case back. Once again though, having said that, I fully appreciate that not everyone thinks that way, and people like exhibition backs (as do I!) - and if the inclusion of one helps sell more watches, and expose more people to Bremont as a company, that can only ever be a good thing.

All IMO, as usual.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 07-26-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Looks great on the NATO strap 👍

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    I don't really understand why Bremont insist on taking away the full potential of the piece by doing an open case back. Once again though, having said that, I fully appreciate that not everyone thinks that way, and people like exhibition backs (as do I!) - and if the inclusion of one helps sell more watches, and expose more people to Bremont as a company, that can only ever be a good thing.
    I find it interesting that the MBIII 10th Anniversary which was a limited edition was a closed back but the Savanna which gives the impression of being a limited edition but in actual fact isn't, has a display back. With the revised MB watch and the configurator which as an option has the display back I wonder whether the marketing department simply looked at the sales numbers and realised that the display back sells more than the closed back?

With the revised MB watch and the configurator which as an option has the display back I wonder whether the marketing department simply looked at the sales numbers and realised that the display back sells more than the closed back?
    More than likely, yes - which I have to say, I don’t find overly surprising.

I've got a soft spot for titanium having a hip and part of a shoulder made from the stuff.
    I like the watch and so does my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    I've got a soft spot for titanium having a hip and part of a shoulder made from the stuff.
    I like the watch and so does my wife
    I see a purchase on the Horizon.