Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALT1-ZT discontinued?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newb

ALT1-ZT discontinued?

Hi

Potential new purchaser here. Have loved Bremont for a while but never pulled the trigger. Had my eye on a ALT1-ZT for a few months and have noticed a number of ADs have limited stock or sold out of the ALT1. Anyone know if it is being replaced soon?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4z View Post
    Hi

Potential new purchaser here. Have loved Bremont for a while but never pulled the trigger. Had my eye on a ALT1-ZT for a few months and have noticed a number of ADs have limited stock or sold out of the ALT1. Anyone know if it is being replaced soon?

Thanks
    Hi GR4z, welcome to the forum!

The ALT1-ZT is very much alive and kicking - it is in stock with Bremont themselves, Beaverbrooks and Mappin & Webb.

AD’s will be able to order directly from Bremont for you, so it may be worth finding one and doing that, if none of the above options suit.

J.

Thinking somewhat out of left field here, given that we're still in the middle of a pandemic and that a lot of retail shops are suffering due to the various lockdowns, it's a possibility that a number of AD's will be reducing their stock levels so that they can afford to pay their day to day bills. It may be pure coincidence that the watch that is out of stock is the ALT1-ZT or it may simply be the case that a number of watches are out of stock but the one that you notice is out of stock as it's the one you want. Either way they do seem to be readily available.

Newb
    Thanks for your replies. I did wonder if it was Covid related. I placed the order anyway yesterday awaiting for this post to be allowed and my ZT arrives today! Cannot wait...photos to come.

One other question, I assume it is OK to swim with the ZT? I know the specs say 100M water resistant, but sometimes I regard that as just meaning 'splash' resistant especially with no screw down pushers. Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Gr4z;33995

One other question, I assume it is OK to swim with the ZT? I know the specs say 100M water resistant, but sometimes I regard that as just meaning 'splash' resistant especially with no screw down pushers. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

You ask 10 people that question, you’ll get 10 different opinions.

Generally 30/50m is classed as ‘splash’ resistant, 100m is fine for swimming, and then 200m and greater for diving and what not.

Just be careful and sure you don’t activate the pushers whilst swimming, that would spoil your day - and obviously you’ll need to change the leather strap out for something more appropriate!

J.

Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    You ask 10 people that question, you’ll get 10 different opinions.

Generally 30/50m is classed as ‘splash’ resistant, 100m is fine for swimming, and then 200m and greater for diving and what not.

Just be careful and sure you don’t activate the pushers whilst swimming, that would spoil your day - and obviously you’ll need to change the leather strap out for something more appropriate!

J.
    Great thanks. I am thinking Nato or Hirsch Performance strap for swimming. Hirsch look remarkably similar to the Bremont offerings!

Great thanks. I am thinking Nato or Hirsch Performance strap for swimming. Hirsch look remarkably similar to the Bremont offerings!
    Good choices - Hirsch make some lovely straps. Do let us know what you’d decide, and please do share some pictures of your ZT when it turns up!

J.

I am being honest, just stick with the OEM Bremont straps as they are the best.

I have spent thousands on aftermarket straps but nothing beats the original straps IMHO

They have a lovely selection and some rubber options for you to swim with if you prefer.

There are a few very nice strap manufacturers but not many will offer you curved ends.

Newb

Not sure about the Bremont deployant, seems a little chunky and clumsy. Threw on my old Hirsch strap, looks great!! Very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the Bremont deployant, seems a little chunky and clumsy. Threw on my old Hirsch strap, looks great!! Very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m a traditionalist - I get recommended a lot of third party straps, but personally prefer to stick to Bremont’s OEM offerings. Luckily they offer something to suit all my needs!

J.