Thread: New Ladies Bremont - ‘Lady K’

New Ladies Bremont - ‘Lady K’

Morning all,

Launched just this morning was a new ladies Bremont - the Bremont Lady K.

Named after the boat that Euan English built for Nick and Gile’s Mother, the Lady K builds on the success of Bremont in the ladies market. Some of you will recognise the parallels between this watch and the Hawking Quantum launched last year, which actually sold out!

The watch itself is based on the Solo, and has 34mm case, with a lovely exhibition back. The dials are Mother of Pearl, and for the first time in the core collection, diamonds appear! There are 8 on the dial, applied as the indices, and a further 60 on the bezel - a total weight of 0.7 carats.

There are two unique Mother of Pearl dials available: white, and a black ‘Tahiti’ dial - both are available now, and retail at £5495.

More information available here: Bremont SOLO Lady K.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 05-19-2021 at 08:35 AM.

I sent the pics to my missus convinced she'd give them the thumbs down but I was wrong.
    After nearly 35 years of marriage i thought i knew her tastes.

I think they are really lovely watches, well from the photos . When we looked at the solo in mother of pearl, we wasnt impressed with the white on dial ring not matching the dial.

How many of these that will be sold at RRP is another question. Women that like a non smart watch seem to go for Cartier or Rolex .

I'll have to keep an eye out for pre-owned/display bargins.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post

How many of these that will be sold at RRP is another question. Women that like a non smart watch seem to go for Cartier or Rolex .
    Agreed - but I was interested, and somewhat surprised (yet pleased!) to hear that all of the ladies Hawking pieces sold. To shift 88 of them is no mean feat, that’s for sure.

J.

Sold to AD or sold to customers. As we often hear the releases are sold out on the night of the launch, only to see they showing on AD websites

Sold to AD or sold to customers. As we often hear the releases are sold out on the night of the launch, only to see they showing on AD websites

I'm staying out of that debate! Point well made, though.

J.

Sold to AD or sold to customers.
    as far as I'm aware, a bit off a mix. There are certainly two AD's that I know of claiming that they have one in stock.

I was very surprised at the time of release how well they claimed to be selling. It was suggested to me that may be a number of them were a bargaining tool between couples i.e. a Hawking for the man and a Quantum for the woman.

what I find quite interesting is of the women I've spoken to about the Quantum and the Lady K's, most like the overall design but don't like the ring of diamonds. I even had one person suggest that they would like to see the black mother of pearl on a Solo 34 watch.

I quite like both of the Lady K's. That said, they are £2.2k more expensive than the mother of pearl Solo 34 with a bracelet and the only difference I can see is the ring of diamonds. Given that the Solo 34 can be worn as both a casual watch and a dress watch but the Lady K is really only a dress watch it seems difficult to justify.

The nacre colored dial is really a great idea, it's not flashy and you won't see it if you just catch a glimpse of the watch on someone's wrist, but if you look at it closely, you'll see how deep and mesmerizing it looks. I wish more brands would go for that sober-but-impressive look!