Thread: Replacement Bezel

Replacement Bezel

I've just bought a used ZT 51 and the bezel has some marks that are worse than I could normally live with.

It's not due a full service as it was last done in Feb 2020.

I wondered if anyone knew whether it's possible to just get a bezel replaced? It looks like the entire upper third of the case would have to be swapped over?

Last I heard a full service was £375 but I wasn't sure if it's possible to just have the bezel/case replaced at lower cost?

I have asked Bremont customer service but it's Easter and I don't expect them to be working - there's no desperate rush on my side, I'm just impatient

Quote Originally Posted by molan View Post
    I've just bought a used ZT 51 and the bezel has some marks that are worse than I could normally live with.

It's not due a full service as it was last done in Feb 2020.

I wondered if anyone knew whether it's possible to just get a bezel replaced? It looks like the entire upper third of the case would have to be swapped over?

Last I heard a full service was £375 but I wasn't sure if it's possible to just have the bezel/case replaced at lower cost?

I have asked Bremont customer service but it's Easter and I don't expect them to be working - there's no desperate rush on my side, I'm just impatient
    A swap out should absolutely be able to be done w/o a full service, albeit at the cost of the new bezel.

But if you can live with it for a few years (I know it's tough), you might want to consider holding off on the change until the next round of service where the bezel could likely be swapped at a reduced cost.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, makes a lot of sense

Just for reference - latest service price is £445.

Just for reference - latest service price is £445.
    Yes indeed. Just got my ALT1-P back from service. Also bear in mind that it took a little over four months for full turnaround.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Replacement Bezel

I donít know if itís changed recently, but it was certainly possible - I canít recall the price, but it around the £150-200 mark from memory, the same as a barrel colour swap.

J.

Quote for a replacement bezel is £225. Unfortunately I've also discovered that the rear crystal also has one large scratch and and another smaller one. I've never seen a caseback crystal scratched like this before, not even sure how that could happen.

Quote for a replacement bezel is £225. Unfortunately I've also discovered that the rear crystal also has one large scratch and and another smaller one. I've never seen a caseback crystal scratched like this before, not even sure how that could happen.
    Thatís not good, it would be pretty darn hard to do that! Sounds like a full service may be in order now?

Do you have any pictures of the scratch? Iím intrigued!

J.