Thread: Deployment with Dh88

Deployment with Dh88

Gents anyone put a deployment buckle on the dh88 strap? Thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post
    Gents anyone put a deployment buckle on the dh88 strap? Thoughts ?

I think the DH 88 comes on an alligator strap with a pin buckle, I have the same alligator strap and have used it with my deployant but the case of the DH88 is not matt, the deployant which Bremont make comes in a brushed finish . Personally I would not like this combination but yes the strap should fit the 20mm deployant clasp. I am not sure if Bremont make a polished steel deployant clasp?

Here is a picture of my depluyant clasp, hope this helps.

Last edited by Farhad19620; 03-31-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Good point

Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Good point

I bought this strap from someone who took it off his DH88 as he preferred the black gator strap. It fits the deployant clasp perfectly but as I mentioned IMHO may not be the best combination with the polished steel case.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    I think the DH 88 comes on an alligator strap with a pin buckle, I have the same alligator strap and have used it with my deployant but the case of the DH88 is not matt, the deployant which Bremont make comes in a brushed finish . Personally I would not like this combination but yes the strap should fit the 20mm deployant clasp. I am not sure if Bremont make a polished steel deployant clasp?

Here is a picture of my depluyant clasp, hope this helps.

That picture confused me, I thought the deployant was on backwards for a second..!

Bremont don't make a polished deployant, but they do make a polished pin buckle (just FYI): Bremont Polished Pin Buckle.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    That picture confused me, I thought the deployant was on backwards for a second..!

Bremont don't make a polished deployant, but they do make a polished pin buckle (just FYI): Bremont Polished Pin Buckle.

J.
    You are correct, the deployant is the other way around. I did this because on the regular strap I was just not getting a comfortable fit, this still did not work and it kept digging into my wrist. I tried everything possible but on a long strap I have the deployant the correct way and it is fine. Still prefer the pin buckle and love the comfort of the NATO straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    You are correct, the deployant is the other way around. I did this because on the regular strap I was just not getting a comfortable fit, this still did not work and it kept digging into my wrist. I tried everything possible but on a long strap I have the deployant the correct way and it is fine. Still prefer the pin buckle and love the comfort of the NATO straps.
    That makes sense, it seems to me a fair few people have issues with the deployant digging in. I saw a 'mod' recently where someone had filed down the buttons to try and help the digging in, but to no avail - a shame, as there is so much potential within the deployant if it is 'nailed.'

J.

I’ve no issues with it perfectly comfortable….now on the DH88 and it’s (for me) perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

I’ve no issues with it perfectly comfortable….now on the DH88 and it’s (for me) perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Glad this has worked out for you, lovely watch and strap combination. Enjoy.
    I would prefer using a deployant clasp specially given the price to replace a new Alligator strap but sadly the deployants just don’t feel comfortable on my wrist. It was the same with my Panerai, IWC and other watches.