Thread: Netflix - Project Possible

Cool Netflix - Project Possible

Well worth a watch (sic).

Bremont ambassador Nirmal Purja climbed 14 of the worlds highest peaks in 6 months and 6 days, beating records and saving lives all whilst wearing the Bremont S300 white.

I'll look forward to watching it one day although I don't have Netflix and don't really have any intention of getting it so I'll wait patiently until it's available elsewhere.

two other climbing films well worth watching are Free Solo and The Last Mountain. Free Solo especially is exceptional, not only as a documentary but also for the achievement (although some might say lunacy!)

Great film, inspirational individual, and a fantastic leader.

Plus he wears a pretty cool watch.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Superb film - I’ve followed Nims from the ‘early days’ and what he has achieved is truly humbling.

Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Well worth a watch (sic).

Bremont ambassador Nirmal Purja climbed 14 of the worlds highest peaks in 6 months and 6 days, beating records and saving lives all whilst wearing the Bremont S300 white.

Very inspiring documentary, enjoyed watching it, I wish I could at least climb one mountain in my life time!
    Well done Nirmal Purja.

Something I find slightly less inspiring about climbing and this is mostly associated with climbers on Mount Everest is the photo that Nims took of the 'queue'. I watched a documentary about Ben Fogle climbing Mt Everest for charity and he had the same problem, if I recall correctly they had to get up early for the final ascent to make sure that they got a good position in the queue. How crazy does that all sound? It seems to have gone from a climb that only a select few could achieve to one that many people can achieve as long as their wallets are big enough. Very odd!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Something I find slightly less inspiring about climbing and this is mostly associated with climbers on Mount Everest is the photo that Nims took of the 'queue'. I watched a documentary about Ben Fogle climbing Mt Everest for charity and he had the same problem, if I recall correctly they had to get up early for the final ascent to make sure that they got a good position in the queue. How crazy does that all sound? It seems to have gone from a climb that only a select few could achieve to one that many people can achieve as long as their wallets are big enough. Very odd!
    It’s been coined ‘Everest Tourism’ and can apparently run well in to six figures - essentially it seems the more you pay, the more the poor Sherpas will drag you up the mountain! The ‘experts’ say it leads to people being on the mountain that really shouldn’t be there, and obviously in that sort of environment it can be lethal. Amazing, really.