Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117

Thread: Bremont HQ Tour.

  1. #111
    I love the longitude, the heart screams yes, the bank screams no, and the wife threatens me with divorce.

    Did they let slip, or give any idea, which mass production model would be the first to receive the new production movement?



    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

  2. #112
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks78 View Post
    I love the longitude, the heart screams yes, the bank screams no, and the wife threatens me with divorce.

    Did they let slip, or give any idea, which mass production model would be the first to receive the new production movement?



    Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    No - they simply said itíll probably end up in a few watches by the end of next year, and which ones they are will be based on which core pieces are the most popular.

    If I was a betting man, Iíd say itíll be the MB-series. Watch this space!

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    London. UK
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    No - they simply said itíll probably end up in a few watches by the end of next year, and which ones they are will be based on which core pieces are the most popular.

    If I was a betting man, Iíd say itíll be the MB-series. Watch this space!
    I agree, MB being the quintessential Bremont IMHO

  4. #114
    Senior Member Dacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    I agree, MB being the quintessential Bremont IMHO
    Yep agree. That or the Alt series - might depend on how many they can make of the new movement


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Supersonic LE (no.76]
    1918 LE (no.18)
    MBii Orange
    Alt1-C / CR (sold)
    Alt1- C / PW
    Supermarine S500 BK
    Omega Constellation
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega de ville co-axel chronometer

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Donít you start. Iím ignoring all encouragement!

    Joking aside, no I wonít be - Iíll be waiting for the movement to arrive in a core piece next year, and buying that instead!
    It's an interesting dilemma that could have a thread of its own. Should you buy a (very expensive) limited edition watch that looks good, has the first movement of its kind and (reputedly) the first British movement in decades and is undoubtedly special or should you wait until next year and buy a less expensive, good looking watch that has the same or similar movement in it? The Longitude is a special watch with an extraordinary price tag (that I still don't understand given what we know now) but is it special enough to warrant what will effectively be an extra £10k for a slightly different design and limited numbers.? I almost feel like this is a repeat of the Wright Flyer launch, not to do with the movement but with the Wright Flyer in justifying an extra £10k for a piece of extraordinary cloth.

    As for which core model the movement might first appear in, I really hope that it's not the MB as it's a relatively inpexpensive watch and might further devalue the Longitude. I would hope that it's a brand new core model, possibly loosely based around the Alt1 and I suspect (and might be a little concerned) that it could be a way for Bremont to bump their prices a bit.

  6. #116
    Moderator RedsBluesGreens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner
    It's an interesting dilemma that could have a thread of its own. Should you buy a (very expensive) limited edition watch that looks good, has the first movement of its kind and (reputedly) the first British movement in decades and is undoubtedly special or should you wait until next year and buy a less expensive, good looking watch that has the same or similar movement in it? The Longitude is a special watch with an extraordinary price tag (that I still don't understand given what we know now) but is it special enough to warrant what will effectively be an extra £10k for a slightly different design and limited numbers.? I almost feel like this is a repeat of the Wright Flyer launch, not to do with the movement but with the Wright Flyer in justifying an extra £10k for a piece of extraordinary cloth.

    As for which core model the movement might first appear in, I really hope that it's not the MB as it's a relatively inpexpensive watch and might further devalue the Longitude. I would hope that it's a brand new core model, possibly loosely based around the Alt1 and I suspect (and might be a little concerned) that it could be a way for Bremont to bump their prices a bit.


    Personally, I'll be waiting. Like I said to a few people on the tour, I need to appreciate the whole package to spend that much money - and the Longitude just doesn't do that for me. As a watch, though, it is absolutely stunning and a perfect size on the wrist.

    On the tour, they were also very open in saying they deem their direct competitor to be IWC (in relation to the new movement and core pieces) - so it'll be no surprise to see the prices being adjusted. That said, they were also clear on the pricing being very much inline with the current levels when the movement does make an appearance.

  7. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    London. UK
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    [/COLOR]



    On the tour, they were also very open in saying they deem their direct competitor to be IWC (in relation to the new movement and core pieces) - . [/COLOR]
    IWC make a few grand complications and a minute repeater so for the moment I think IWC is ahead of Bremont.

    Having said that I have owned two Portuguese and a Portofino but my MBIII is a much better timekeeper compared to the IWCís I had LOL!

    I feel Bremont are doing a good job and they should not worry about competing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites