Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scuff on crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I had some good news today, I sent Emily in C/S a couple of pictures over the weekend of the missing AR coating, she has said it looks like an anomaly from manufacture & if I send the watch to them they will replace it FOC.
    To say I am very pleased is an understatement, well done Bremont.
    That's brilliant news, as I suspected - both the issue, and the swift rectifying of it! Let us know how you get on, and when it is returned!

J.

Glad you're getting this fixed FOC. I had the same issue with my MBII a few years ago and had to pay for a new crystal.
    MBII-GN / Rolex GMT Master / Rolex Explorer / Schofield Signalman / Omega Seamaster / Breitling Intruder / Orange Monster

I had some good news today, I sent Emily in C/S a couple of pictures over the weekend of the missing AR coating, she has said it looks like an anomaly from manufacture & if I send the watch to them they will replace it FOC.
    To say I am very pleased is an understatement, well done Bremont.
    Nice one.Ask for some beers too, you never know2��

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Nice one.Ask for some beers too, you never know2��
    I think it should be me that buys Emily a box of chocolates for sorting it it out.

I think it should be me that buys Emily a box of chocolates for sorting it it out.
    You certainly can't fault the customer service can you.

Just had an email from customer services to say that they now want to charge me 245 to replace the Crystal.

I had already told them in my first email that I wouldn't pay to have it replaced until service time & then when they saw the pictures they told me to send it in & they would replace it FOC.

I am not very happy about this as I feel I have been misled, there was no mention of maybe a charge, or if we inspect it & find etc etc, just that they would replace FOC.

I feel a bit annoyed about this as it has cost me to send it in to them for what is a complete waste of time.

Sorry for the rant, but as I say I feel misled over this & they have gone down a bit in my estimation at the moment.

Just had an email from customer services to say that they now want to charge me 245 to replace the Crystal.

I had already told them in my first email that I wouldn't pay to have it replaced until service time & then when they saw the pictures they told me to send it in & they would replace it FOC.

I am not very happy about this as I feel I have been misled, there was no mention of maybe a charge, or if we inspect it & find etc etc, just that they would replace FOC.

I feel a bit annoyed about this as it has cost me to send it in to them for what is a complete waste of time.

Sorry for the rant, but as I say I feel misled over this & they have gone down a bit in my estimation at the moment.
    Crikey, this is a pickle. Can you not refer them back to your previous communication where they said they would do it FOC?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Crikey, this is a pickle. Can you not refer them back to your previous communication where they said they would do it FOC?

J.
    That is exactly what I have done, but as yet not heard back. I must say I am not holding my breath.

I just feel a bit deceived as I told them I wouldn't pay for a replacement before I sent it & they said it was an anomaly from manufacture & to send it in.

Fingers crossed everything is sorted and you're not out of pocket after the original message

Good news this afternoon, C/S emailed me & apologised for the mix up.

Apparently they shouldn't have approved the replacement Crystal until the diagnostics team had inspected it, they still can't determine if it is a manufacturing fault or damage caused by a blow (I am sure I would have noticed a blow).

Anyway they have agreed to replace the Crystal FOC again & turn around is about 4 weeks. Really happy that they have put things right, but I am going to miss it.