Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Looking to sell Rolex - Owner of Two lovely Bremonts too!

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    The Skydweller for instance looks like the differential out of a bus that I've worked on.
    I like the analogy. When I first saw that bezel it did remind me of gearing. Very odd styling.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Leegrowler View Post
    You cant even buy these in Asia and if you think the Rolex waiting list actually exists then think again, its all about the Rich getting richer and bribery is key to securing one of these sports models.
    I don't think it's about the rich getting richer, it's simply the case that Rolex watches are no longer watches in the true sense of the word and are simply a commodity. People aren't trading them because the buyer wants a nice looking watch, the buyer simply wants a symbol of their affluence that will potentially increase in value. I think it's sad in a way because I'm sure that there are Rolex owners who really like their watches and credit to them. However, there are a large number of Rolex owners who will have no interest in watches. I suppose you could use the analogy of a wealthy single person. With any potential partners, would they ever know whether the person wants them for their wealth or for who they are.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Leegrowler View Post
    Gold watched are awful
    I disagree. Gold watches can be as nice as stainless steel watches or titanium watches. It simply depends on the design. White gold watches tend to look like stainless steel watches anyway

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    I had to search what a Hulk watch was! I thought it was a model that Bremont had made and I missed it!
    It's actually quite an interesting read, it seems that Rolex 'followers' like their nicknames based on colour. Hulk (green), Kermit (a different green and Kermit - really!?), Batman (blue and black), Pepsi (red and blue). Root beer (brown and red - I think)

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    London. UK
    Posts
    104
    Please don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate Rolex or gold and glitz watches , they are just not for me. We all are different and we have different choices.

    Most of my friends wear their Rolexes proudly and why not , the only watch that exists for them is Rolex because they really don’t care or have an interest in mechanical watches, they love the status that comes with wearing a Rolex. For me it is the complete opposite but then again I am not normal anyway ��

    When my choice changed for watches from dress to a bit more casual I started wearing a Lange instead of a Patek or VC.Nowadays a Bremont suits my attire and lifestyle perfectly.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    the only watch that exists for them is Rolex because they really donít care or have an interest in mechanical watches, they love the status that comes with wearing a Rolex.
    hence the point I made earlier about Rolex being more a commodity than a watch. I wonder what the ratio is with those who admire Rolex watches between those who like the watches themselves and those who simply see the status that a Rolex provides (or is perceived to provide)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Top Watch Sites