Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding photos

Adding photos

Is there a better way of adding photos without using Tapatalk??
    Sometimes my pics are clear sometimes they are blurry.Cropping the pics sometimes helps but at other times it doesn't.

How strange - Tapatalk has always worked fine for me, uploading from an iPhone. When you add the photo, do you make sure you select 'original size'? It's certainly the easiest way to add photos to the forum.

We used to recommend Photobucket, but since they changed their policy to stop supporting Third Party sites unless you were a premium member (IIRC), it has proved somewhat less successful! Maybe try another hosting site? I believe, in the past, Jeremy suggested Imgur.com.

Posting photos from a sight such as those is a little more tricky than Tapatalk (hence why that is always my recommendation!) - you need to get the [IMG] code then copy & paste it in to the 'insert image' box on the editing panel here.

This means when you upload the photo to here you will see something like this:

[IMG] Your Amazing Bremont Picture [/IMG]

I hope the above helps slightly.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 01-09-2021 at 09:41 AM.

It's happened on other sites as well as this one.
    At first cropping the pics or selecting medium worked but even that's iffy now.
    Being a dyed in the wool luddite doesn't help

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    It's happened on other sites as well as this one.
    At first cropping the pics or selecting medium worked but even that's iffy now.
    Being a dyed in the wool luddite doesn't help
    How about selecting 'original size'?

Original is VIP only and this pic wouldn't upload as medium so I've tried small

It's as clear as a bell on my phone

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I always use Imgur from my MacBook, just take pic on phone, send to Mac & then upload to Imgur, choose pic, select huge thumbnail, then copy BBCode & paste into the insert image area on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I always use Imgur from my MacBook, just take pic on phone, send to Mac & then upload to Imgur, choose pic, select huge thumbnail, then copy BBCode & paste into the insert image area on here.
    That's a cracking pic too.
    I haven't got a macbook, don't know what imgur is and the rest has just flown over my head at about 40,000ft

I haven't got a macbook, don't know what imgur is and the rest has just flown over my head at about 40,000ft

Your issue does look like the photo is getting compressed - and Iíve no idea why. Hereís a test from me.

Original size:

ĎSmallí option on Tapatalk:

You can see the quality is degraded, but nowhere near as bad as your photos. Are you uploading straight from a phone, presumably? What file type, do you know?

J.

You don't have to have a MacBook, you can use any PC & Imgur, but I am going to download Tapatalk now & play about.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Your issue does look like the photo is getting compressed - and Iíve no idea why. Hereís a test from me.

Original size:

ĎSmallí option on Tapatalk:

You can see the quality is degraded, but nowhere near as bad as your photos. Are you uploading straight from a phone, presumably? What file type, do you know?

J.
    Great pic of your Supermarine J, I very nearly bought that exact same watch before I bought my Blue S500.
    It was used & it looked like someone had taken it apart, not very well, so I walked away, shame.
    I do like that version though, very nice with the green indices & bezel markings.