Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quality control

Of my five, three have had to be returned to Bremont for attention due to losing time.

My Solo was regulated once under warranty but had to go back again for the same thing out of warranty. Bremont regulated it again and, generously, did not charge me. However, it's once again losing time and will need attention for a third time.

My S500 was losing time and the date wheel did not always operate properly. Returned under warranty and all has been good. It's now sub 2s a day.

My Broadsword was losing over 45s a day and has just come back from regulation but it will need to go back again due to positional variation. It is slow by 5 or 6s a day on its side, but loses up to 23s a day lying on it's back.

Neither of my Valjoux based watches have had an issue, only the 3 handers.

I don't know what the issue is but I agree with the OP that there do appear to be many more reports of Bremonts requiring warranty repairs, which is unfortunate since part of the draw for me is the fact they are chronometers and, presumably, that's one of the reasons for the price point.

I must say that the customer service experience has always been impeccable but it does get tiresome being without a watch while it makes the trip back to Henley on Thames. It's also difficult when people to whom you have personally recommended the brand take the plunge and experience issues, sometimes necessitating repeat trips back to Bremont before the situation is rectified.

So, that's 3 returns, all 2824 or similar movements. There does appear to be a pattern.
    Last edited by FloridaPhil; 11-17-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    In order of acquisition: Solo - ALT1C/PW - S500 - Broadsword - Boeing247Chrono

Admin of WatchChat on Facebook - the friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhil
    So, that's 3 returns, all 2824 or similar movements. There does appear to be a pattern.
    Could this perhaps be a bad batch of ETA movements supplied to them then?
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 11-17-2020 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Fixed quotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhil
    Possibly. My only issues that have required any work were 2824 (or similar) - mainly issues with date wheels and/or power reserve.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Doubtful, the Solo dates back to 2014, the S500 was 2018 and the Broadword late 2019

Admin of WatchChat on Facebook - the friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
    Doubtful, the Solo dates back to 2014, the S500 was 2018 and the Broadword late 2019
    That rules that thought out then.

Interesting development: the Broadsword, having consistently lost time face up as I reported above, has now settled down and is running at better than 1s variance a day. I don't know what changed to make it run more accurately but it improved after 2 days of running on it's side @ 9 up and 2 days running 3 up. Whatever caused it, I'm delighted.

I'm going to try the same experiment with my Solo to see if it self-corrects too.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
    Interesting development: the Broadsword, having consistently lost time face up as I reported above, has now settled down and is running at better than 1s variance a day. I don't know what changed to make it run more accurately but it improved after 2 days of running on it's side @ 9 up and 2 days running 3 up. Whatever caused it, I'm delighted.

I'm going to try the same experiment with my Solo to see if it self-corrects too.
    Did you fully charge it (wind it) first before wearing it . If I forget to do this I too observe time loss and sometimes stopping, depending on how much movement I've been during that day. Normally if sat in my office or car I notice this more.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Good observation Andy but yes, always fully wound for testing purposes. Once I'm satisfied it's running correctly, I tend to lay off testing since a few seconds a day variation is meaningless in real life until the accumulated variations start to add up. That rarely happens since I'll have 4 or 5 watches on my wrist during the course of a week :-D

Good to hear Phil, sounds like you know what you are doing.
    Do you use the app watchcheck . That is what I currently use.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Yes, WatchCheck. It's 'good enough' I find, although I keep meaning to buy a timegrapher but not sure I could stand my wife's ridicule! LOL