Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it about Bremont?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Not on the topic of the discussion, but what box is that Andy? I’ve been looking at getting one lately and have been looking at Wolf, which seem good (though maybe a little expensive!)

J.

Wolf do make very nice quality boxes. I have a Savoy. They're fairly middle of the road price wise, I've seen both cheaper and more expensive. I think that they're quite good value relative to their quality and far less than the price of a Bremont bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo81 View Post
    The brand gets some negative attention due to the marketing approach and the noise around the Wright Flyer
    that's a valid point but only within the realm of watch fans that are knowledgeable about the brand. I would imagine that the average watch shopper won't even know what the Wright Flyer is and should they see one, would be hard pressed to tell why a stainless steel watch from a little known brand is 17k.

I wonder how many jewellers actively promote Bremont as a brand? I'm sure that if a customer asked specifically then they would try for a sale but without prompting I wonder if the salesperson would direct customers toward the more mainstream brands? Interesting thought. I called into one such jewellers a year or so ago and knowing that they had Bremont on their website, asked if they had any in store. The answer came back that a different store did but not this one. Cue awkward pause with no further discussion and I said thank you for the 'help' and left.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Nice collection! (except for the Brietling where beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder )

what's the watch that's almost out of view at the bottom right with a brown chrome bezel?
    Its a Pam1b

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nice.

Is what appears to be a brown bezel just reflection from something? (or my eyesight!?)

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Nice.

Is what appears to be a brown bezel just reflection from something? (or my eyesight!?)
    Just shiny stainless steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Just shiny stainless steel.

To paraphrase a well known line from Jaws

You're going to need a bigger box

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post

Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post

Banned.....!

Just kidding, made me chuckle!

J.

I got a box from Wolf t'other day and at 17 a bargain.
    I've taken 2 spaces up with my missus Tudor 1926 and another with one of her wee Guccis.
    There's a slot for my S300 and next spring's Lancaster needed.
    Also need a space for my beloved's xmas present

Last edited by Lancaster; 11-21-2020 at 04:39 PM.

To bring this thread back on topic, the TZ-UK forum has a thread which effectively berates Bremont as a brand. Actually berate might be too strong a word as it's simply a sarcastic 'dig' at Bremont started after a discussion about the new Hawking watch. The original point that was made before the posts started becoming somewhat juvenile was how extremely tenuous the links between Stephen Hawking and the LE watch are. The main criticism seemed to be aimed at the use of wood from the carcass of a draw in a desk that Stephen Hawking owned. The other criticisms were about the use of paper for the LE numbers and about the English brothers somewhat 'reaching' links between the two families.

The initial comments did pose a valid argument. How important could a drawer carcass and a piece of blank paper possibly be? I like those features, I think they add character to the watch, the colours match perfectly and while I don't think they are a critical link between the subject and the watch, they are still a link. However, the marketing side of Bremont do seem to be really pushing these as critical features and I wonder to a non Bremont fan whether they will be seen as nice, subtle, yet important features or whether they will think they are extremely tenuous. On the TZ-UK forum it unfortunately seems to be the latter. If you forget any links between the material and the subject matter and take the design of the back face simply as a design feature, in its own right I think it's outstanding.