Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it about Bremont?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Barring one Rolex model I discovered recently, none of them tempt me at all. I find them rather ordinary and given the associated prices I think there are far better options for watches. That said, purchased at the right time they seem to be an extraordinary investment! (for no good reason that I can tell!)
    I have an Airking which gets barely any wrist time and I think I only got it because it's a Rolex and not an overly expensive one.
    I still think the Sub is nonpareil among dive watches and the explorers are beautiful but I do think with Rolex the Emperors clothes applies.
    Even though my S300 has gone in for fettlin' it was getting more wrist time than the rest of my collection and was the favourite.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Investment wise my Sub 14060m for £3k, less than a decade ago is my best investment. But do I wear it much. Nope , nice but no better than my seamaster and nowhere near as good as the RNCD2.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andyg156; 11-14-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    Investment wise my Sub 14060m for £3k, less than a decade ago is my best investment. But do I wear it much. Nope nice but no better than my speed master and nowhere near as good as the RNCD2.

Not on the topic of the discussion, but what box is that Andy? Iíve been looking at getting one lately and have been looking at Wolf, which seem good (though maybe a little expensive!)

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Not on the topic of the discussion, but what box is that Andy? Iíve been looking at getting one lately and have been looking at Wolf, which seem good (though maybe a little expensive!)

J.
    It was just a cheap one off amazon. Taking about wolf 70% off on their website . I've ordered a watch roll. Looks much the same as the bremont ones. But alot are buying wolf watch winders.

https://www.wolf1834.com/offers/black-friday?p=3 code EARLYBIRD

It was just a cheap one off amazon. Taking about wolf 70% off on their website . I've ordered a watch roll. Looks much the same as the bremont ones. But alot are buying wolf watch winders.

I have a Wolf winder & it is very good, silent & well made.

I've been thinking about a box too and was told about the sale on Wolf boxes.
    Are they really that good ??

Edit I've just ordered one.
    It'll save my boxes from wear and tray anyway.

Last edited by Lancaster; 11-14-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Investment wise my Sub 14060m for £3k, less than a decade ago is my best investment. But do I wear it much. Nope , nice but no better than my seamaster and nowhere near as good as the RNCD2.

Excellent collection you have there, some really nice examples. I know what you mean about the Sub though, I have just sold mine after 10 years of not really wearing it & more than doubled my money. But I would rather have a watch that I enjoy wearing & not an investment that just sits there as life is too short.

I'd never heard of Bremont till I looked in Banks Lyon, Kendal in February 2019.
    I liked what I saw and was surprised at the British connection.
    Now I've been there but haven't got the tshirt

The brand gets some negative attention due to the marketing approach and the noise around the Wright Flyer, but ultimately they are still successful and in 10 years time will be a fully established premium brand, as by that point (if not before then) they will have an in-house movement which will destroy the Ďnoiseí around the brand.

My Alt1-C was my first proper luxury watch and I just loved the look of it, the quality of the build and the fact itís from this country, whatís not to love.

Since then, I bought a MBII white dial orange barrel, added a S300 Black on bracelet but worn on rubber, the MBIII 10th Anniversary and then last month, the Hercules H4 in steel.

I buy them because they are different, quirky designs and brilliant quality. I will always look for and wait for a discount on a Bremont because they are available and often and why would I pay more than I need to, especially when the residual value isnít brilliant

That said, I do that with other brands as well, I picked up a Breitling Avenger Hurricane 45 with 40% off, an Omega Moonwatch with 28% off...so thereís no shame in depreciation, but I will look to counter that if I can and itís not a negative for Bremont, just the reality of anything that isnít Rolex, AP or PP on in demand models.

Looking forward to Monday to see what the latest limited edition release, always generates some headlines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice collection! (except for the Brietling where beauty is obviously in the eye of the beholder )

what's the watch that's almost out of view at the bottom right with a brown chrome bezel?