Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: What is it about Bremont?

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    The nautilus is lovely. Thanks for sharing.
    If it is about the marketing BS we are talking about then let’s not even go there! I can write a thousand page book on brands who are masters in this field, this includes one from the holy trinity! Still this does not make me hate any of those brands, I may just have drawn the short straw.

I have been wearing my Bremont 95% of the time for nearly three years, hiking, walking, cycling , gardening, painting and any other household chore you can think of, luckily I have had no issues at all.

My advice to anyone who does not like Bremont, please look for other brands which you may find more aesthetically pleasing or you think those brands don’t have any of the marketing BS which you feel Bremont are making up.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post
    And another of mine in even worse condition.

Ouch! That's a nice looking watch but with a lot of scratches. I'm not sure whether to applaud that you've been wearing it as a watch should be worn or ask you what on earth you've. been doing with it!

It does bring another question to this thread as well. With all the comments about Bremonts pricing, what is it that makes the Nautlius a £50k+ watch on the pre-owned market?

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    If it is about the marketing BS we are talking about then let’s not even go there! I can write a thousand page book on brands who are masters in this field, this includes one from the holy trinity! Still this does not make me hate any of those brands, I may just have drawn the short straw.
    What I find intriguing is that so many people comment about marketing bs for almost every product on the planet and yet those marketing departments continue with the same bs so that leaves two options, either it works or the alternative, it doesn't and companies spend millions on unnecessary marketing. I suspect that it's the former, it's just that we, as consumers, choose to believe that marketing doesn't affect us when in actual fact it does.

what is it that makes the Nautlius a £50k+ watch on the pre-owned market?[/QUOTE]

What an brilliant question?

Or a RM worth over a million dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Ouch! That's a nice looking watch but with a lot of scratches. I'm not sure whether to applaud that you've been wearing it as a watch should be worn or ask you what on earth you've. been doing with it!
    Alcohol plays a big part in it. Checklist day after a big session.

Mobile: check
    Keys: check
    Wallet: check
    Watch in one piece: balls

Alcohol also has a large part to play in purchases off Ebay, some of which are watches.☹

I am sure a quick visit to Timpsons & they will soon have it looking like new.
    As I said earlier, I would be devastated & would have to send it back to PP for a polish.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    What I find intriguing is that so many people comment about marketing bs for almost every product on the planet and yet those marketing departments continue with the same bs so that leaves two options, either it works or the alternative, it doesn't and companies spend millions on unnecessary marketing. I suspect that it's the former, it's just that we, as consumers, choose to believe that marketing doesn't affect us when in actual fact it does.
    There was a TV advert for Saab cars years ago. A brash, City banker/trader/broker type was driving it and going on about money, money, money and anyone who doesn't have it is a loser, with lots of shots of course of the car. At the end of the ad, he got out the car, looked back at it and said... "no, I don't like it". I've liked Saabs ever since and owned three.

I think it was the 'anti-bs' that appealed to me.
    Last edited by SuperRichieM; 01-16-2021 at 12:55 PM.

What is it about Bremont?

Quote Originally Posted by nellydog View Post
    Personally, I'd be quite happy for the MB to have a 'normal' stainless steel case and a reduction in price to reflect it. I, too, think the case hardening has more value to Bremont's marketing than to the end user's day-to-day ownership. Having said that, none of my watches is 'perfect' in terms of my personal aesthetic and values, for example, I love the design of my Omega SMP but hate the HEV; I love the baton dial of my Breitling Seawolf, but dislike the polished case sides. My perfect watch would likely be a mixture of features from the different ones I own,
    Iím with you, but not for the price point ó just because I could then wear it with a bracelet of some description. Not manufacturing the bracelets from the same hardened material (and the resultant colour differential) is, frankly, abysmal on a $5k watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shedlock2000; 01-21-2021 at 02:50 PM.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. :smokin::twit::smokin:

SS Submariner no date 1992 (flipped); SS GMT II 2007 (flipped); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (flipped); SS Sub C 2011 (flipped); 16753, '81 TT GMT 'Root Beer'

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    I am sure a quick visit to Timpsons & they will soon have it looking like new.
    As I said earlier, I would be devastated & would have to send it back to PP for a polish.
    It's a braver man than me who would go there with a high-end watch...!

J.