Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: What is it about Bremont?

Personally, I'd be quite happy for the MB to have a 'normal' stainless steel case and a reduction in price to reflect it. I, too, think the case hardening has more value to Bremont's marketing than to the end user's day-to-day ownership. Having said that, none of my watches is 'perfect' in terms of my personal aesthetic and values, for example, I love the design of my Omega SMP but hate the HEV; I love the baton dial of my Breitling Seawolf, but dislike the polished case sides. My perfect watch would likely be a mixture of features from the different ones I own,

Here it is again with my personal details redacted. Facts are facts. 2.0/2.5 micron thickness coating.
    A 1 Kg load is less loading than you resting your arm on your desk whilst typing, again to me, marketing BS.

With regard to reduction in pricing it would be minimal. I get quite a lot of products case hardened through my work and something the size of a watch case you are looking at £'s and for reference my case hardeners harden to a depth of about 1500 microns / 1.5mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chunkythebulldog; 01-13-2021 at 08:34 AM.

I don’t understand why all this fuss over how hard the steel is on the Bremont watches. What happens when you buy a gold or PT watch

I do not believe that a PP , AP , Rolex or any other brand will not pick up any scratches? Most watches will scratch and develop a patina over time and I think it all adds to the character. IMHO, a watch not worn has no character.

I have reached a point in my life where I don’t really care about preserving my watches as if they were fine bone china and instead enjoying them

Here is my MB3 today.

Hereís my Nautilus.
    Bezel is a nightmare and attracts scratches for fun.
    Iíve no issue with scratches as all my watches are worn. The only issue I have is when a company markets a watch as having a high scratch resistance as 2000 vickers is approx 5 times harder than Stainless Steel.

And another of mine in even worse condition.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkythebulldog View Post

That would drive me made seeing all of those scratches on a PP!!!
    It used to drive me mad when I picked up scratches on the PCL of my GMT II bracelet that's one of the reason I parted with it, shame as it was a nice watch.

Some beautiful watches that have suddenly appeared here. A Nautilus (5711) is a grail of mine - 'one day,' he says, hoping!

Enjoy them, and I'm glad they're being worn.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post
    I don’t understand why all this fuss over how hard the steel is on the Bremont watches. What happens when you buy a gold or PT watch

I do not believe that a PP , AP , Rolex or any other brand will not pick up any scratches? Most watches will scratch and develop a patina over time and I think it all adds to the character. IMHO, a watch not worn has no character.

I have reached a point in my life where I don’t really care about preserving my watches as if they were fine bone china and instead enjoying them

Here is my MB3 today.

I don't think its the issue with a watch scratching, that overly bothers me - it's the marketing BS that Bremont sometimes spout that goes along with their claims - which goes back to the subject of the thread.

I feel that Bremont claim things as special which are really not that special, like a kid boasting in a playground. Sometimes it's better to undersell yourself then oversell yourself

A 1 Kg load is less loading than you resting your arm on your desk whilst typing, again to me, marketing BS.
    Not really. The 1kg load will be a point load which is why it will penetrate the surface for measurement. Let's say for arguments sake that the 'point' is 1mm square. Your forearm will be something like 300mm x 80mm or 24000mm square. So to apply the same pressure, your arm would need to weigh 24 tonnes!

The nautilus is lovely. Thanks for sharing.