Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate COSC

Duplicate COSC

Some of you may have seen this question pop up on TZ-UK. However I'm still undecided so thought i would see what your views are here.

I own a Bremont DH-88 which I purchased second hand. Unfortunately it didn't arrive with the COSC. I made an enquiry to Bremont CS, to see it had been issued. Unfortunately it has, the helpful staff at Bremont have said they can see if they are able to request a duplicate certificate at a small cost.

The reason for the post is to ask views on if spending the £60 is worth the money, or is it just a pointless piece of paper that adds no money to the watch, when i do come to move it on.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I think it totally depends on the situation.

If the buyer wants a Ďproperí full-set watch, the absence of COSC could well be a problem. In reality though, itís no issue at all - you and I know the watch is COSC, so I think thatís all that matters.

If you do come to sell, Iíd explain the situation and try and get an email from Bremont explaining that it was issued originally, and then put the task of getting a replacement certificate in to the hands of the new owner.

J.

I personally think for £60 its worth having, I always like to buy watches with a full set of papers etc & the COSC certificate is all part & parcel of the Chronometer label to me.

Of course it is entirely your choice as to whether you think its worth it or not.

I think it's a pointless spend. If Bremont are happy to issue a new COSC certificate then I don't see a benefit to a future buyer in you having one as they can simply contact Bremont and purchase it themselves. I can't see £60 making a lot of difference to a potential buyer if they want the watch.

That said. I may not be the best person to ask as I'm still at a loss as to why the pre-owned value of the DH-88 is so low?

Thanks for advice. Think I shall leave it knowing their is potential to purchase a one off replacement.

As for DH-88 value. God knows, I think its stunning in virtually every aspect. Only negative i have is it is not that easy for reading the time. But that maybe my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    As for DH-88 value. God knows, I think its stunning in virtually every aspect. Only negative i have is it is not that easy for reading the time. But that maybe my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    That said. I may not be the best person to ask as I'm still at a loss as to why the pre-owned value of the DH-88 is so low?
    I think that could be a separate thread(!) but to be honest, I've no idea of the answer. There's one on Watchfinder at the moment for £7.5k - which is better than the previous one's at £5k (approx) on eBay.

J.

I'm just waiting for these to arrive in post , due to arrive tomorrow. Think it will be a weekend of trying them out my DH-88 and the Alt1-cs I have.

I'm just waiting for these to arrive in post , due to arrive tomorrow. Think it will be a weekend of trying them out my DH-88 and the Alt1-cs I have.

Like I said, I love the blue. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of them on the watches.

J.

They are very nice, also looking forward to seeing them on the watches.

Nice. I'll look forward to seeing some photos of them on your watches.