Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Broadsword Bronze!

Broadsword Bronze!

Hey all,

Launched today - the Broadsword......

....but in BRONZE!

Bronze is historically used in naval architect due to being highly corrosion resistant to salt. The bronze Broadsword is made from something Bremont call ‘CuSn8’ bronze, a mixture of copper alloy and 8% tin. They say this special mix will add to the corrosion resistance, strength and wear of the case.

As above, there are three available dial colours: Sotek (which Bremont describe as a ‘military green/teal), slate and tobacco.

It’s £2995 and in all of the Bremont Boutiques, as well as the website, today! Which dial colour is everyone’s favourite?

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-27-2020 at 02:24 PM.

I like the green dial.
    Could be a future purchase

Very nice , love the tobacco but prefer the strap on the green.

Looks good but with all bronze watches would be interested in what kind of patina it develops. I personally love the look of a fresh bronze color.... the aging not so much. Just my personal choice. Nice to see them expand the range. Color choices are fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------
    Current Bremont Watch List:
    Bremont P-51, ALT1-C, ALT1-B, AC1, Alt1tude SE

The Other Stuff:
    Rolex, Oak & Oscar, ML Ponto S Diver, Longines, Seiko, G-Shock, Tag Heuer

Love it - great that bremont are bringing out more options. Definitely think it makes the broadsword a little more dressy and looks stunning. Not sure it’s for me but can 100% see why people would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bc321 View Post
    Looks good but with all bronze watches would be interested in what kind of patina it develops.
    Agreed.

It's a different kind of bronze mixture than the Panerai Bronzo (which I love!) and the ageing on that is lovely, so it will be very interesting to see if the Broadsword case ages faster, slower or any differently.

Personally, I think this will be a huge hit for Bremont, and I predict that the 'sotek' will be the one to have - it's a tad quirky compared to normal dial colours.

J.

Broadsword Bronze!

Why have Bremont used girly colour names rather than just Green, Grey and Brown.

Straight forward colours for straightforward rugged military men!

Last edited by Paw3001; 10-29-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Bronze is historically used in naval architect due to being highly corrosion resistant to salt.
    Which intrigues me as to why they chose the Army version of the Armed Forces collection for bronze instead of the Navy version. When I first saw the hints of the new watch being bronze I was really looking forward to a bronze Argonaut.

That said, I really like the new bronze Broadsword. All three are really nice but I have a preference for the green dial version. Why they have chosen to call it Sotek which apparently is a character from the game Warhammer I have no idea? I'd be interested to hear Bremonts marketing department point of view in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    That said, I really like the new bronze Broadsword. All three are really nice but I have a preference for the green dial version. Why they have chosen to call it Sotek which apparently is a character from the game Warhammer I have no idea? I'd be interested to hear Bremonts marketing department point of view in that regard.
    I'll admit, I'd never even heard of Sotek, so Google was required. As far as I can tell, 'Sotek Green' is a colour made by Games Workshop (and others) for that one Warhammer character that you mention, and that is it: Sotek Green.

I'd say someone in the Bremont office is a closet Warhammer fan. Nick, is it you..?

J.

I like the teal/green, but the slate is not bad either.