Thread: New watch day!

New watch day!

I've been looking for quite some time for a black-faced chrono to pair with my white faced ALT1C/PW. Having 4 Bremonts already, I consciously tried to find something non-Bremont that appealed to me. I got close with an 1858 Montblanc and a Speedmaster Mk2 but neither wowed me enough to pull the trigger. Seriously, this has been a 6 month journey. Then, I stumbled across this new-old-stock Boeing 247 chrono at an unbelievable price that I just loved the look of, despite it being 'yet another' Bremont! I jumped on it and am delighted I did.

It arrived today and am blown away by it. I think it fits in beautifully with my collection and is sufficiently different from my ALT1 that I don't feel there is competition in the watchbox.

But that's definitely it. No more Bremonts. Not until the next one ;-)

In order of acquisition: Solo - ALT1C/PW - S500 - Broadsword - Boeing247Chrono

Admin of WatchChat on Facebook - the friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.

That's a really nice watch. A really, really nice watch!

Thatís a gorgeous addition, Phil! How about a side by side comparison of it with your C when you get a second? Would be nice to have some pictures of the slightly contrasting styles!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    That’s a gorgeous addition, Phil! How about a side by side comparison of it with your C when you get a second? Would be nice to have some pictures of the slightly contrasting styles!

J.
    I'll be happy to do that - when I get my ALT1 back from Henley-on-Thames. It's having the new design crown fitted at the moment - the old original design version was almost impossible to use because it sits flush with the case. I resorted to using dental floss to pull it - not good - and I found myself not wearing the watch because of that hassle. Luckily Bremont recognised the issue and offer a retrofit service.

It may be another month before I get it back, together with my Broadsword that had to be returned for losing 40s a day. I'll start another thread on Bremont timekeeping....
    In order of acquisition: Solo - ALT1C/PW - S500 - Broadsword - Boeing247Chrono

Admin of WatchChat on Facebook - the friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.