Thread: Mb 1.5

Mb 1.5

Hi all,

New to the forum and my first Bremont.

I am picking up a MB 1.5 with a reference No MBSTAFF and wondered if anyone can give me a little history on the watch? It wasn't one of the 20 commissioned by ATG, it hasn't got the MB logo on the dial (so its not a 1.25). So if there is anyone out there that could shed some light on this piece, i would appreciate it.

Regards

M

Hi M,

Without pictures, this is tricky (almost impossible) - there are several Martin-Baker staff watches that have been made. If you could add pictures when you get the watch, that would be great.

Whilst I'm here, I'm going to clear a few commonly misunderstood things up:

The 'MB1.25' is officially termed a 'non-ejectee MB1' but the MB1.25 moniker is used and understood by Bremont to reference this watch. It is identical to the MB1, apart from the red barrel. The MB1.5 designation only applies to the ATG Forum watches and is very similar, but does not have the MB logo on the dial.

Where did you purchase the watch? I'd maybe suggest dropping Bremont Customer Services a line, they can give you what information they have on the watch straight from the horse's mouth, as it were.

J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-13-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Hi J

Thank you for the response and please see attached a couple of pics of the watch to hopefully help get the history on this piece.

Kind regards

Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_8f487b97-7839-4223-821a-a5e4288646a8_2400x-2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	4714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201012_104947_2400x.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	4715

Mb 1.5

PS I have contacted Bremont customer services, but due to GDPR they are not allowed to pass on details of previous owners etc.

Mb 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by mw336 View Post
    Hi J

Thank you for the response and please see attached a couple of pics of the watch to hopefully help get the history on this piece.

Kind regards

Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_8f487b97-7839-4223-821a-a5e4288646a8_2400x-2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	4714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201012_104947_2400x.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	4715
    Hi Mark,

So it looks to me that, what you have there, is one of the MBII's that Martin-Baker staff are eligible to get. It is not an MB1.5, but similar in every way - the model reference will be MBSTAFF (as opposed to MBI, II, 1.5 etc)

For example, an MBII recently made for the engineering department at MB is very similar to this watch, but with a few added details. Its 'model reference' is the MBA.

I hope this helps.
    J.
    Last edited by RedsBluesGreens; 10-13-2020 at 02:43 PM.

J,

Thanks again, and yes the model reference for this is MBSTAFF - so i guess its kind of unique in its own way. Allegedly it was purchased from Andrew Martin himself, but who knows?

Mb 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by mw336 View Post
    J,

Thanks again, and yes the model reference for this is MBSTAFF - so i guess its kind of unique in its own way. Allegedly it was purchased from Andrew Martin himself, but who knows?
    Oh wow, that’s quite a catch, good work! I presume it was purchased from him by the previous owner? That’s a lovely, and no doubt unique story, to go along with the watch.

Please do post some pictures on the wrist when the watch arrives, Mark. We’d love to see them!

Thanks for joining the forum, it’s good to have you here.

J.

Thanks J, and appreciate the warm welcome and helpful advice. As soon as i can i will upload some wrist shots

Cheers,

M

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    The 'MB1.25' is officially termed a 'non-ejectee MB1' but the MB1.25 moniker is used and understood by Bremont to reference this watch. It is identical to the MB1, apart from the red barrel.
    That's possibly one of the strangest things I've ever heard. A 'non-ejectee MB1' !