Thread: Victory #210 Stainless Steel - never worn, still in box

Victory #210 Stainless Steel - never worn, still in box

Selling for GBP 15,000. Never worn, never been taken out of box, as new.

Victory #210 Stainless Steel - never worn, still in box

Quote Originally Posted by JPMBV1 View Post
    Selling for GBP 15,000. Never worn, never been taken out of box, as new.
    Welcome to the forum, JPMBV1, thanks for joining!

Best of luck with the sale, but as per the forum rules, if you could add some pictures of the watch, that would be great.

If you need help in doing so, let me know.

J.

Good luck with the sale. It's a stunning watch and I had the pleasure of seeing one for sale late last year. I do think you may be aiming a little high with your price, the one I saw was in perfect condition, never worn and all documentation in place. It sold at the beginning of this year for less than £13k. Still, if you don't ask, you don't get!

Thanks ancientmariner and you're probably right so ONO will likely win the day. I just figured it was 12k on release in 2012 so even with basic inflation (that doesn't account for its iconic nature and collectibility) it's worth over 14k. Also, when I say 'new', I mean literally brand new - a long story but it hasn't even left the store.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMBV1 View Post
    I mean literally brand new - a long story but it hasn't even left the store.
    I like a good story, feel free to elaborate.

it's a nice thought imagining that pre-owned watches increase in value with inflation but that applies to very few brands and watches. It is definitely an iconic watch (to Bremont enthusiasts) and if you have all the time in the world to sell it then there's no harm in trying your luck at £15k. If you need to sell it more quickly then I think you may need to put it for sale closer to £13k imo. Good luck either way.

incidentally, you still need to add some photos to this thread

(edit: fyi, there's been a Victory without box or papers for sale on Chrono24 now for 6 months plus at £12k)
    Last edited by theancientmariner; 09-22-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post

incidentally, you still need to add some photos to this thread
    I've had a word with JPMBV1, and as the watch is still at the AD, that's proving a bit tricky....

J.

I'm still intrigued by the back story

(especially if the watch has been at the AD all these years)

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I'm still intrigued by the back story

(especially if the watch has been at the AD all these years)
    It’s not totally uncommon that people will buy the watches as an investment and leave them in AD’s safes..

J.

I've heard that (although I've never understood it and why an AD agrees to it) but the OP said that it was a long story which sounds like more than just it was left at a dealer as an investment piece.

as an investment, it's probably more sensible to buy a bar of precious metal such as gold and have that stored.