Thread: Rubber straps

Rubber straps

Gents: one of my local friends picked up an offering from the “tray” an Altz1 for £2100 (yup) can anyone recommend an aftermarket rubber that will fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

Quote Originally Posted by thebounder View Post
    Gents: one of my local friends picked up an offering from the “tray” an Altz1 for £2100 (yup) can anyone recommend an aftermarket rubber that will fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have recently discovered Hirsch 'Pure' rubber straps which are genuine rubber, nicely pliable, extremely comfortable but have a nice quality feel on the wrist. They are absolutely plain and have a matt finish that makes them look almost like a leather strap. I have one on my ALT1C and have another on order for my S500. They come in black, blue and orange. Highly recommended.
    In order of acquisition: Solo - ALT1C/PW - S500 - Broadsword - Boeing247Chrono

WatchChat on Facebook - The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
    I have recently discovered Hirsch 'Pure' rubber straps which are genuine rubber, nicely pliable, extremely comfortable but have a nice quality feel on the wrist. They are absolutely plain and have a matt finish that makes them look almost like a leather strap. I have one on my ALT1C and have another on order for my S500. They come in black, blue and orange. Highly recommended.
    Welcome to the forum Phil, thanks for joining! Do you have a picture of your C on the strap? I've been tossing up between a Temple Island and a bracelet for mine, as we head in to winter..

J.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBluesGreens View Post
    Welcome to the forum Phil, thanks for joining! Do you have a picture of your C on the strap? I've been tossing up between a Temple Island and a bracelet for mine, as we head in to winter..

J.
    Sorry, I haven't been back here so missed your comment! Here's some pics that show the scale of the strap to the watch and the slight sheen to the rubber. I LOVE it.

WatchChat on Facebook - The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.

[QUOTE=FloridaPhil;32482]Sorry, I haven't been back here so missed your comment! Here's some pics that show the scale of the strap to the watch and the slight sheen to the rubber. I LOVE it.

[quoTE]

That's a looker. Will it fit the Bremont deployant comfortably? (I imagine just looking at it, that it would?)

J.

That's a looker. Will it fit the Bremont deployant comfortably? (I imagine just looking at it, that it would?)

J.

I *think* it will. I'll try it and report back.

[QUOTE=RedsBluesGreens;32490][QUOTE=FloridaPhil;32482]Sorry, I haven't been back here so missed your comment! Here's some pics that show the scale of the strap to the watch and the slight sheen to the rubber. I LOVE it.

J.

Nice strap but it does not have the curved lug ends, does this bother anyone at all?

[QUOTE=Farhad19620;32502][QUOTE=RedsBluesGreens;32490]
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaPhil View Post
    Sorry, I haven't been back here so missed your comment! Here's some pics that show the scale of the strap to the watch and the slight sheen to the rubber. I LOVE it.

Nice strap but it does not have the curved lug ends, does this bother anyone at all?
    Yes sadly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bremont U2/51
    Bremont Alt-Z1

I thought it would bother me but the rubber actually blends into the DLC Trip Tik case. Of course, this watch was never supplied on a fitted strap so it's really no different for me except that I prefer the Hirsch. In fact, I notice the gap less than I did with the previous strap I had it on.

Your chances of getting a non-Bremont fitted strap are precisely zero I'd wager unless you get really lucky and find a strap that is designed for another watch that happens to fit. The rubber on the Hirsch is, in my view, hugely superior to anything offered by Bremont so that, for me, outweighs any perceived 'non-custom' fit.

Since the Hirsch has QR pins, it's not possible to curve them. I may very well fit this same strap to my new Boeing 247 that doesn't have traditional springbars - which means that I'll get to be the guinea pig for testing out how easy it is to remove the QR pins. :-D
    Last edited by FloridaPhil; 10-21-2020 at 11:43 PM.

J.
    Just tried the deployant and yes, it works!