Thread: My first non-diver

My first non-diver

I know reviews of the MBII must be overflowing in watch forums, but as someone who has only ever had dive watches, I thought I'd share my impressions about the MBII.

I have a somewhat rigid approach to what I want in a watch, perhaps due to my interest in divers, but for some time I've been considering the MB but have dithered because it doesn't have a screw in back and crown, and I'm used to diver depth ratings. However, notwithstanding that I do actually dive and use my watches at depth even though I have a computer, I can now see why the MB could be the perfect "one watch", as it were. I have it on the hook-and-loop and have never worn a more comfortable watch: it sits perfectly on my wrist, is legible, unobtrusive yet great to look at and has a perfect side profile (that's a thing for me). Also, it simply oozes quality and robustness in it's construction and engineering, especially the smooth solidity of the crown and click of the bezel. Added to this, I love the idea that actual military pilots have wristshots from the cockpit. I could never be a one-watch-guy, and still regularly wear my Supermarines, and since I bought the MBII in original classic orange, but would love a DLC one also, I can see one from the 'configurator' on the horizon at some point also. So yeah, I get all the hype, which isn't really hype because this watch can truly "walk the walk". Awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP6776.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	4690  

Great review, I like you normally lean towards divers as well, but your impression about the MBII was very interesting.

Lovely watch and a nice review. Thanks for sharing .

(quality and robustness) this is exactly what I love about Bremont, plus I am a sucker for all things British.

Quote Originally Posted by nellydog View Post
    I know reviews of the MBII must be overflowing in watch forums, but as someone who has only ever had dive watches, I thought I'd share my impressions about the MBII.

I have a somewhat rigid approach to what I want in a watch, perhaps due to my interest in divers, but for some time I've been considering the MB but have dithered because it doesn't have a screw in back and crown, and I'm used to diver depth ratings. However, notwithstanding that I do actually dive and use my watches at depth even though I have a computer, I can now see why the MB could be the perfect "one watch", as it were. I have it on the hook-and-loop and have never worn a more comfortable watch: it sits perfectly on my wrist, is legible, unobtrusive yet great to look at and has a perfect side profile (that's a thing for me). Also, it simply oozes quality and robustness in it's construction and engineering, especially the smooth solidity of the crown and click of the bezel. Added to this, I love the idea that actual military pilots have wristshots from the cockpit. I could never be a one-watch-guy, and still regularly wear my Supermarines, and since I bought the MBII in original classic orange, but would love a DLC one also, I can see one from the 'configurator' on the horizon at some point also. So yeah, I get all the hype, which isn't really hype because this watch can truly "walk the walk". Awesome.
    Great little write up, Nelly!

I was talking to Steve (chipbutty) about a ‘one watch’ idea the other day. Bremont, for me, come as close as any brand ever has, but I don’t think I could do it. As a nerd, and collector, I could never own ‘just’ one watch!

J.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yeah, I couldn't have just one watch, and I still lean towards divers, but have found myself the last couple of years looking at pilot watches. I keep pestering my brother-in-law to make contact with one of his old uni' friends who ejected from a Harrier a few years back to see whether he has an MB1, but haven't heard back yet. Same watch, I know, but I'd just like to see one in person. Then there's the new configurator with the DLC option, and even as I type this I can feel myself being persuaded that I can't have just one pilot watch alongside so many divers . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Great review, I like you normally lean towards divers as well, but your impression about the MBII was very interesting.
    Thank you; do you dive?

Quote Originally Posted by nellydog View Post
    Thank you; do you dive?
    No I do not dive, the nearest I get is snorkelling, I just love dive watches & always have.