Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bremont and Boeing Partnership

Bremont and Boeing Partnership

Hi all,

I've noticed recently that the Boeing range seems to be no longer available via Bremont directly and the Boeing partnership has been removed from the main website under the partnerships section.

Have I missed something or is this the end of the Bremont Boeing partnership?

This partnership has finished this year with Boeing. I think with every that has gone on, this may be the reason it was missed.

Quote Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
    This partnership has finished this year with Boeing. I think with every that has gone on, this may be the reason it was missed.
    Thanks for clarifying Paul. I'd heard that this was the case, but didn't want to say anything as there had be no official announcement.

J.

I'm sad to say it but the current Boeing company is not something I'd really want to be associated with. It's a shame really as the 74 was my dream aircraft to fly. While I appriciate it's not as sexy, I rather see Bremont make a partnership is Airbus UK in Wales and use some of the composite technology behind the A350 wing they make.

Quote Originally Posted by scwheeler View Post
    I'm sad to say it but the current Boeing company is not something I'd really want to be associated with. It's a shame really as the 74 was my dream aircraft to fly. While I appriciate it's not as sexy, I rather see Bremont make a partnership is Airbus UK in Wales and use some of the composite technology behind the A350 wing they make.
    Totally agree Steve - the QOTS was my aviation dream, but I realise that that particular dream will never become a reality for me. I'll stick to my Beechcraft for now. Are you still on the 'bus?

J.

Beechcraft is a nice aircraft, I was very jealous down at Shoreham yesterday watching all the GA go and play in the sun!!

Am I still on the Bus is a tricky one being at BA?!?! �� Hopefully..... We are all reapplying for our jobs this week so fingers crossed. I seem to have avoided redundancy so far though so cannot moan. I'm so bored we turned our tent into a flightdeck with my old Airbus training posters. All I need is for someone to bring me a stewed cup of tea and dinner in a beaten up old foil tray and it will be just like being back at work ��

I could never fathom the Bremont - Boeing partnership. The watches seemed to be available for years but there seemed to be very little promotion behind them and they always seemed to fly under the radar if you'll forgive the pun.

I'm afraid that I'm not a fan of Airbus either. I suppose that if you wanted a link in with an aviation company at the forefront of technology in the UK it would have to be either Rolls Royce or BAE systems.

If Bremont were looking for a new partnership I would suggest Lotus. They're still at the very forefront of technology in terms of both engineering and materials. Or for something a little different, as we're trying to head toward a more environmentally friendly world, what about a partnership with Hope Technology? They've been at the forefront of cycling technology in the UK for years and are also producing the new aero track bicycle (designed by Lotus) that the GB team will be using at the Olympics next year.

And the Bremont/Norton watch is well regarded but Norton are in trouble (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53152943) and lots of negative press about them this year and then it devalues the watch by association.

Lotus are great cars (and powered by Toyota engines I think) but I also remember in the bad old days it was said Lotus stood for "Lots Of Trouble Ususally Serious".

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post
    And the Bremont/Norton watch is well regarded but Norton are in trouble (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53152943) and lots of negative press about them this year and then it devalues the watch by association.
    This has always been a concern for me with regards to brand ‘partnerships’ - if the partnered brand goes rogue, surely the value of the watches will drop? And will it hurt the rest of the brand?

I’m trying to think of an example where this has happened, but am struggling. Has there been one?

J.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRichieM View Post

Lotus are great cars (and powered by Toyota engines I think) but I also remember in the bad old days it was said Lotus stood for "Lots Of Trouble Ususally Serious".
    I think the Norton brand and history will mean that the current bad press associated with the CEO will soon be forgotten and it won't devalue the Bremont watches any more than they would have been devalued under normal circumstances. As far as I can tell, they're one of the best Bremonts for holding their value.

Lotus have indeed had an interesting history and their early cars were loved but also very troublesome. The current cars are more reliable, probably due to the Toyota running gear but more interestingly they're now a Chinese and Malaysian owned company.